Status report

originally posted by Deborah McNemar

Trys,
Believe it or not, they are called "blurbs" and there is supposedly a correct blurb for virtually every question. Unfortunately, Amazon sends most email to India to be answered and some of the responses are hilarious.

originally posted by Bruce

I can't speak to how Amazon handles ther email, but about 5 years ago now I did do email support for bn.com . We were encouraged to use the templates that they set up because they would answer 90 % of customers questions. Which would be the case if the right template was used, but I remember numerous comlaints from customers because the responses had nothing to do with their complaints. Then there are the requests that have no templates to go along with them, and the associate should be able to formulate a reply or fill out the appropriate form to correct things like incorrect web listings. However, the customer service associates differ wildly in intelligence you have the good ones and then you have the ones who could be characters from the movie "Deliverance". This could have changed a bit, but their website has changed much in that time so I doubt they changed their customer service. As an aside for me it was most amusing to read my own customer account, and my complaints and the responses. I've only made 2 orders from bn.com and they screwed up both of them.

originally posted by Bruce

On Clarkesworld he didn't have Traitor's Knot listed until this last Sunday, when I and another nameless reader requested that he carried it. Anyhow he got it listed and arranged to have Janny sign the books within 5 hours after my request, just try to get that level of service from amazon or bn.com. I'm feeling a little guilty that I won't be ordering it from him after making those suggestions, but not all that much. I spend plenty of my money there. I will get to Ride Hell's Chasm from him for my brother. (He only reads standalone novels)

Bruce

originally posted by Trys

Bruce,

You should be aware that right after your post here about Clarkesworld, I contacted Neil about a link from the 'Where to Buy' page on Janny's site and indicated I'd be happy to do that but… I didn't see Traitor's Knot offered. That helped kick things off nicely.

However, you deserve full credit because without your post here I would not have known about that independent online bookstore.

Re: Amazon… canceled the order and will reorder elsewhere. (And if you're wondering, I got a copy direct from MM and have four ordered at Circle Books (me and three other people.) And… finally… they have the book listed with five 5-star reviews. So, it would be nice if there were a stampede of people to post reviews of the book on amazon (HINT! HINT! <grin>… and B&N… and anywhere else people know where online reviews can be posted.

Trys

originally posted by tempest

I just checked Amazon and they now have it listed as shipping in 24 hrs. My order still doesn't indicate it has been shipped. I am hopeful it will get sent out on the 17th. But it still may take 4-5 days.

originally posted by Ric Tate

I just got my copy from Amazon.com. Its in my hands as I write this just delivered by the UPS man. (Picture me cavorting with glee). Now I'm feeling guilty. I want to play hooky from working:smiley:

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!

originally posted by tempest

Amazon emailed me after I complained about slow shipping and it is now in my town. But I bet it will be Monday before I see it . However the UPS terminal is only 6 miles away.

originally posted by skeoke

Wow! It's beautiful!

Now I want all my books from Meisha Merlin!

(and, who at Publishers Weekly thinks Janny isn't up to Tolkien or Jordan! That's the most rediculous and insulting thing I've ever heard! Nonsense.)

originally posted by Auna

Bah, rank insult to say Janny isn't up with Jordan and frankly, Tolkien's writing style isn't all that impressive (ok, slay me for blaspheming!) :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a typo in the biography third paragraph from the end. But hey, who cares!

Hannah, that's a perfect summary of exactly how I feel - love turned to betrayal. At least I don't have negative feelings towards any other authors!

I feel towards RJ as Lirenda feels towards Arithon! *rummages around for a geas of completion to slap on him!* - (lame attempt to put this at least somewhat back on topic)

LOL! That's good for the betrayal part… I think Lirenda has better, deeper hate though :wink:

Hmm, gotta have a subscription to read the review. I was hoping they had a reader review section so I could tell them to stuff their obviously incorrect opinion!

originally posted by Trys

I'd like to see this topic drift come to an end, please. :smiley:

Back on topic…

I'll try to check around and see if the book is out here :smiley:

originally posted by Susan

I finished it last night!!! Loved it!!! Can't wait for Stormed Fortress.

Now off to do some reviews and spend about 3 days catching up on the rest of the topics on this site that I've been avoiding since November.

originally posted by BillBob

It just arrived at the bookstore today and I just picked it up. Barnes and Noble finally came through with it. Cannot wait to dig into it!

It looks absolutely beautiful, the cover, the interior art and maps. I'm in heaven. And I have the weekend to read it!

The blowup map sections really help to see more clearly where all the places are. I also enjoyed the snippets of art for different places.

originally posted by max

I have been at the bookstores 2-3 times a week since May. They are starting to recognize my face! I am furious it isn't on the shelves out here yet but that's the way of it:} oh well. I will just keep haunting them I guess.

originally posted by Deborah McNemar

I got mine! Haunted the people at Walden until all I had to do was walk in they'd tell me the status, lol. Beautiful book. I'm just now creeping my way into the story inside. With Janny's books, I have to read a little and then digest otherwise I miss all kinds of things. And the pleasure lasts, and lasts, and last…

Max - I suggest you order it at your bookstore. Not every bookstore is necessarily going to stock this title automatically. It is an enormous benefit if you order the title at a store that didn't stock - it draws their attention to what they missed, and can change the course of the future in this regard.

originally posted by annettevk

Guess what?!!?? I wrote a review of Traitor's Knot for the City Employees newspaper and I just received an e-mail from one of the reviewers that said he was going to start reading the series!!! Yayyyy another convert for Janny. Now if they print my review hopefully we will get lots and lots of more converts to the Janny cause. Have a good one everyone.