Sulfin Evend

originally posted by DarthJazy

I got janny figured out alreayd and have for a while. She will continue to surprise, tease, haunt, and all around drive us to drink for years to come with superb writing skills.

see all figured out.

cheers janny

originally posted by Sundancer

go DarthJazy!

originally posted by motley

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

Lyssabits: you raise interesting bits. :smiley:

"because the rhyme does say that the brothers fought for 500 years, no?"

I always wondered about that - somehow it doesn't seem SET. I always wonder about the Raven of Prophecy that visited Jeiret whilst he was in delirium and trying to work out a way to salvage his fight with the Alliance. The Raven was a 'she' and of Prophecy, with a capital P, (And Janny doesn't capitalise without reason?) and so I surmise, not the raven that worked with Traithe. So I wonder if the loophole that Davien used to help Jieret, created by the circle of protection drawn by Sulfin Evind to protect Lysaer, was also used by a seer of the future to effect some kind of change? In which case, anything is possible at this point? In the higher dimensions, time is immaterial.

"The fervor Lysaer has been able to inspire… maybe he could reconfigure his religion into something more compatible with Ath's precepts"

This made me think, that Lysaer's son is still alive, and part of the Brotherhood - is that avenue totally closed? I recall him realising that he could still help, that the calling of heritage was not so easily ignored, or something to that effect. In fact… since the new book is titled initiate, and I've been working on guessing who that/those character/s might be, isn't he an initiate too? :smiley:

originally posted by Sundancer

"because the rhyme does say that the brothers fought for 500 years, no?"

I think Janny has worded the prologue very carefully -
"At that time, Arithon, called Master of Shadow, battled the Lord of the Light through five centuries of bloody and bitter conflict. If the canons of the religion founded during that period are reliable, the Lord of Light was divinity incarnate…"

I find it striking that it doesn't name Lysaer - need he stay the Lord of the Light??? Could the religion perpetrate another fraud and replace him with a figurehead if Lysaer steps down? The five centuries is suggestive of the life span of both brothers, but there's no way Lysaer could stay the course and stay sane.

Sundancer: hmmm… sets me thinking some more. :smiley:

originally posted by Zorana Lewis

It does get you thinking - it's the sort of thing that you just read and not think much about it at the time.

But now that you mention it…

I'm wondering, I never got a hold of the copy of the book with the short story about the seer who's looking into the past (can't recall the title) - does that explain the story of the Raven at all? Anyone? If no-one, then Janny? *grin*

I don't think it every came out in SA, and they're charging too much at Customs for Amazon stuff these days - used to be free.

What about the raven (he) and the Raven (She)?

One is an aspect - the Other, a mystery residing beyond the veil. She is Unformed possibility, which then animates and drives the living animal form (or aspect): which in turn, downsteps and translates a thread of such energy into a raven. He can, in a more limited capacity, represent Her as a symbol, and so interact with Athera directly.

Janny - thanks. I thought it might be a Mystery, rather than a plot thickener…

Hmm… wonder if you could market that substance for writers struggling to make their plots … well… thicken!