Stormed Fortress: Status Updates

9 main, in draft.
Another productive day.

Beer time!

originally posted by Stormwindz

My first time on these message boards in several years, and such good news to great me! :smiley: Am looking forward to reading all 585 pages.

Status: starting the week at 593. If things go well today, could break the 600 mark.

Teaser to celebrate that, methinks…ahh, but which one?

originally posted by Susan Cunningham

Please just deliver it soon! Really need to read the final one.
And the one after that of course, but, please!
Soon!

Think you could write it any quicker? ; ) :smiley:

originally posted by Hunter

Of course… would it be as good? I seriously doubt it… :smiley:
Would it follow the grand story you envision? Of course not.
Would I lock Lysaer inside a grimward and leave him there? Absolutely. And throw Morriel in there just for good measure.
Would I raze Jaelot and Etarra from the face of Athera? In a nano second.
Would I resurrect a few Great Drakes for the fun of it? How could I not?

Perhaps we could start a story writing where everyone gets to write the next line… like the old game where the story starts with "It was a dark and stormy night…" and people get to take it from there…

That could be fun. :smiley:

originally posted by Maggy

Those certainly do make for entertaining times, though we should probably put it in a different category before a certain mythological beast is after us…*clears throat*…

originally posted by Blue

Hunter's got a good idea, but let's do it in another thread, and call it something like, "What Janny likely WON'T write in future volumes."

Maybe start off with a line, and the contributors to the thread write a paragraph. Change the names to protect Janny's copyright.

Of course, this is ultimately up to Janny and the Gryphon.

originally posted by Trys

"Do I hear rumblings of fan fiction?" is heard from above the clouds accompanied by the clack of what could only be a very sharp beak. "I didn't think so." ::smile::

Oh, by all means Discus what you think Janny's gonna do…I love entertainment. :smiley:

Do I? Whoop…regarding a certain scene in front of me now, and a certain post today. What You Think v.s. What Happens. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

OK - two and a half pages from the redline at 600…music: Vangelis' Mythodea

The first subchapter of 9 set Will finish drafting today. The night hours had some busy thinking bits.

originally posted by Auna

Oh that would be hawt to write what we think the end would be. That would be a real hoot to compare our (most likely bad!) ideas to what really happens.

I'd also go with the write a single line or paragraph :wink:

originally posted by Kris

I say we do one where we make the outcome as crazy as possible–forget trying to predict what's REALLY going to happen–we wouldn't stand a chance! *grins*

lol ya! I have about as good a shot at guessing the outcome of this as 100 monkeys have of writing Shakespear! :wink:

Well, the official page count is 601, the subchapter's in rough draft, complete…ready for tweaking and fine tune tomorrow.

I could use the hundred monkeys to clean the house!

originally posted by Hunter

Hmm… wondering what interesting scraps of paper might be lying around for a cleaning monkey to take away…

After seeing the superbowl commercial monkeys, you sure you don't want a human? Will clean house for snippets! :wink:

originally posted by Trys

Conjecture is ok, but actually writing prose is not ok. :smiley:

The interesting scraps of paper hold All the clues and answers…so, no cleaning lady gets within miles of this joint… :smiley:

And don't bother Don, he doesn't take time to read them. Bribes may be accepted, but trust me, the results would (also) be spurious guesses. :smiley:

originally posted by Blue

Bribes may be accepted, but trust me, the results would (also) be spurious guesses.

Translation:

Janny would answer your questions, and leave you with even more when you finished cleaning. :smiley:

Am I right?

originally posted by Walt

My question runs along the lines of just what it would take to bribe Don… new tubs (not tubes) of titanium white or cadmium (sp) blue for all those ocean scenes in his paintings? New brushes? Canvas?

Just what would tempt our beloved temptress's partner-in-crime? Enquiring minds would like to know… ;^)