New Cycle of Fire category

originally posted by Sorwen

I have to say I really enjoyed The Cycle of Fire with Shadowfane being the best part. I brush it off every so often and read it again. I agree with Colm Furey that something more there would be welcome.

Welcome here Sorwen - Have to finish off the big series, first; after that, I'd like nothing better than to sign for a sequel, certainly it is planned out.

originally posted by damianpeake

Janny, please never say never. Whilst epic fantasy is (i would expect), enourmously time consuming and difficult to market it is also the illiad of fantasy writing. (Who is Homer without the Illiad and Odyssey), The readers like me love the epic. You manage to create a story and world that is interesting and captivating. Yours stories are unique in a world ehere other writers and probably publishers seems to blantantly fill a story to maximise profit.

damianpeake - welcome here. And thanks for the extremely nice words.

I hope the US relaunch pans out, does well, and that I have lots of options to choose from! I am betting on quality for the long haul.

originally posted by Nichole Edwards

I must say I believe this is my favorite story - the characters are packed with believable flaws that make them all the more appealing, the issues they face more than just black-and-white in morality, and the storyline itself flows along without lull or being rushed.

I was excited to see this was release in audiobook, and now I wonder if we'll be able to see it in ebook format anytime soon. There are quite a few of your books that I would love to be able to place on my Kindle, but I think this would be the crown jewel.

Hi Nichole, at this time, only a few of the series books, and To Ride Hell's Chasm are available for Kindle.

I hope this changes shortly - stay tuned.

originally posted by Trys

As an FYI the entire WoLaS series is available on Kindle in the UK.

originally posted by Annette

Not that I have a Kindle but would not mind digital versions for my PC, so I can search the books easier. The sample seemed to download fine from Amazon. I could not see a Kindle version of Ships of Merior though. :frowning_face:

Annette,

The link at amazon.co.uk for Ships of Merior Kindle is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ships-Merior-Wars-Light-Shadow/dp/B004FN1QDI/ref=sr_1_1? ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1295262723&sr=8-1

There is also Kindle software for the PC (Windows) so you don't really need a Kindle to buy Kindle e-books.

Thanks Trys, I must be blind, could not see it before. It has appeared on the American Amazon site now as well but they have not added the price yet. Australia should get their own store, then I would know where to buy from. I am still getting used to the software on the PC, only downloaded it today, will try it out a bit more before buying any books.

Edit - Actually the UK site does not want to know me, I am American it seems.

Annette, I suspect the UK site will only allow Kindle downloads to UK citizens. As an Aussie you should inquire to verify this.

Several of the books appear on Amazon.com without a price… I've contacting the publisher as a customer to try to get this resolved.

The UK site comes up as soon as I log in and tells me Kindle downloads are UK only. The American site only tells me Kindle books are not available for customers from Australia for the one book without a price. I can download the sample pages for the priced books so presumably it will let me download the books when I buy them. I was a bit worried since my PC is old, no high tech Wi-Fi stuff here. And lots of aussies seem to have been doing very strange things in order to get their Kindle books from the American site.

originally posted by Jarrod

I have just reread the Cycle of Fire trilogy for the umpteenth time, and I have to say it is still one of my favourite worlds to revisit. I have wondered since the late eighties, however, what happens after they go forth to free the rest of humanity enslaved on other worlds…

Please write another book or two about this; it's been a long time coming :wink:

Hi Jarrod - there is one planned, it's getting the time and publisher interest to do it. :smiley:

Welcome here and thanks for your interest and enthusiasm.

originally posted by Matthew Ewer

Oh, huzzah! Good to know that's in the plan, anyway. I read the Cycle of Fire Trilogy quite a few years ago, and I spent rather a while on several occasions trying to find out where I could get the conclusion. :smiley: Anything we all can do to help attract publisher interest or anything? Shall we go riot in the streets? XD

Matthew Ewer - welcome here!

I would think serendipity would need to strike. :smiley:
The other possibility - if the audio edition just released from Audible Books caught on in a big way, there would be some definite momentum - that would indicate a readership/might propel the whole series back into print, With the sequel idea attached.

For anyone wanting to 'check out' the audio edition with David Thorpe - the website here has a 'free download' of the first chapter.

The 3 books in audio form can be found either at Audible's sites, or in the itunes store.

originally posted by Hanzkaz

I was wondering if you were still interested in writing 'Starhope', and if you are, would it still be a one book story?

Hi Hanzkaz, welcome here - yes, and definitely yes. That one book would finish out all of the ideas.

originally posted by Darren Hoshek

I'll put my hat in the ring for Starhope as well. though I'm hoping it's a looong book. Loved reading a cycle of fire back in the days.

That bent of nostalgia is going to make me trawl through my library of books to read them again me thinks.

Hi Darren Hoshek, welcome here - did you check out the audio sample chapter of Stormwarden? David Thorpe did a fantastic job narrating.

Thanks for dropping by. Consider your vote for Starhope among those counted.