Master of Whitestorm

originally posted by skeoke

Is it more helpful to pre-order at the local big chain, or is amazon.com just as good?

originally posted by Blue

Will MoWS have a new cover, or will it be a reissue with the same cover?

IF you were to feel like painting the cover for a reissue (no pressure, really! :smiley: ) I would not mind seeing Korendir as he is taking on one of the wereleopards. The descriptions of these nasty critters are REALLY intriguing.

Blue - well, that's been discussed…it could be cover, it could be frontispiece. I do have an older painting of this very scene, that I reworked a bit on photoshop…I could also repaint it with my current level of expertise brought to bear.

As I said, I will post more information when I have it. A year is bit far to speculate.

originally posted by Mark Timmony

I understand that Meisha Merlin have scheduled a July release for this title… but the info I'm getting is abit sketchy at the moment as our US supplier has it sourced from a UK wholesaler.

Hmmmmm - any news you can share yet Janny?

Meisha Merlin changed their mind, sadly. The listing on Amazon is incorrect, and needs to be taken down. If you can get it from the UK, do so, though I'm not sure it's still available there either - I'd appreciate the update if it is.

Ah well that explains it.

Shame though :frowning_face:

No, MoW is no longer available in the UK.

originally posted by Myranda Rose

I just checked with Amazon, the still seem to think they can dispatch Master Of the Whitestorm within 2 days… rather impressively they also seem to say that they can send out Sorcerors Legacy (new) in 4 weeks… Only place I'd found that was the library.

Myranda, that's mostly because they still have stock in the warehouse.

Publishers nolonger list it as available.

originally posted by Trys

Mark,

In these the case of these two books that is not the case. These are Meisha Merline editions that are listed on Amazon. Neither book has been produce by MM.

Trys

Ahhh, got it.

I rarely look at Amazon these days as I can access industry databases.

originally posted by rob willis

Janny, you should get in touch with Peter Jackson. I would love to see master of whitestorm at the movies. fantastic book!

originally posted by rob willis

i read master of whitestorm in year 11 at high school and for some reason still keep thinking about it - weird huh.'
when the lord of the rings trilogy was out i loved it but couldn't help but think "master of whitestorm is better than this."

Hi rob - thanks for the very nice words!
I'd like to see a movie of this story, too.

I was just checking things out on Amazon, and lo and behold, Sorcerer's Legacy is being offered again, with a money saver deal if it were purchased along with Master of Whitestorm.

The only thing I found odd, was that there was no cover art shown for either book. I have the US version of MoWS and the UK version of SL, but no idea which covers would be used for these volumes.

Maybe you should talk to Amazon about including the cover art shots? As mentioned, the first thing that drew my eye to CotM was the picture of Arithon. A good picture of Korendir and Elienne might draw someone curious and gather you another reader…

Blue - this money saver deal - news to me.

I have no contracts in hand for publication of either volume, and both are officially reverted, as in, I own the copyrights.

Who's the "publisher?"

Okay, here is the URL:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592221238/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_2/102-4318903-15 64107

The "money saver" deal is that buying Sorcerer's Legacy with Master of Whitestorm HC comes to $42.08

They are talking about hardcover editions in both cases, and seem to have your endorsement, with the following entry on the site

A catch up celebration
2:13 PM PDT, October 18, 2006

which is an announcement you are making about the status of Stormed Fortress.

I was confused, which is why I thought I would ask for clarification.

In both cases the publisher is indicated to be Meisha Merlin. Amazon indicates MoW to have a release date of June 2006 and SL to have a date of Nov 2006. Clearly this information is inaccurate or I'd have it on Janny's 'Official' webpage. If you don't see it there then it just ain't so. :smiley:

Trys

originally posted by Ypso

Well, good morning/day/evening/night! (depending on the time zones, here it is two o’clock in the morning) :slight_smile:

It’s pity to hear, that there’s nothing with a new edition of "Master of Whitestorm" (and even "Sorcerer’s Legacy"), I really looked forward to it.
At least I found some used books of MoW on Amazon, so it seems, that I will get it anyhow (I didn’t read it yet). And that’s after all the only thing that counts - or rather it’s better than nothing.

P.S. One more new member in this chat area. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Chat Area Ypso.

I am pleased to announce that Master of Whitestorm just won the poll for the GoodReads author title in the Fantasy Book Club at Goodreads.com - group read in Feb./Discuss in March.

Feel free to join in!