Initiate's Trial Speculation (contains Arc 3 spoilers)

originally posted by Dorothy

spoiler
spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

I know this posting is a bit trite but given Seshkrozchiel's attitude to humans I can't help thinking about Luhaine as her teddy bear. Poor thing!
I loved the book. Lots to think about. For me,the best part is the reappearance of Jieret, one of my favourite characters. I wept when he died and I wept again when he linked with Tarens.

originally posted by J Tal

SPOILER SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

I'm still reading it however my thought is that Arithon has been held captive for what was it 250 years the other arcs were over 100 years I think that doesn't give Arithon and Elaira that much time together if they do finally get together.

I am preferring Lysaer in this book so far I have disliked him since the beginning of COTM.

I do want to say though and no disrespect because I am loving the books but give the guy a break (Arithon) will there be a time when he is not getting a kick in being chased across country people dying for him. Still can't see he will ever be King. Not sure whether to ignore the prologue at the start or COTM or not. HMMM

Interesting as to why Lysaer has let the clans of Raithain to live after all the blood letting that has gone on. Think Sulfin might have a lot to do with it.

Sorry if I've spelt anything incorrectly. Will go and enjoy the rest of the book.

originally posted by Julie

Arithon and Elaira could have close to 200 years together from this point in the story. THeir connection is so deep that although physically separated (prior to this time period)they were intimately aware and in touch with each other.

There is a lot of untold history throughout this book. I would guess that with Arithon imprisoned in such strong wards, Lysaer had the clearest thought processes since the failed crowning at Ettara.Sulfen Evend probably had a lot to do with the Clan truce which would have put him and Laysaer at direct odds with the Light's policy of eradicating talent.
We got a glimpse of Lysaer's guilt and self loathing in the scene with Daliana. I imagine he also regrets his policy towards the clans.
Someone else brought up Lysaer being more in control at Alestron when Arithon's music through Alithiel dampened some of curse's influence. He loses it most when shadow is used.Since Arithon is clear of the curse, in a safe place his music may be the instrument (no pun intended) to Lysaer's self redemption.

originally posted by Sleo

Very true, Julie. I agree. His music and, of course, Alithiel.

originally posted by Clifford Ward

Like the rest, I would love to see Arithon get his due over the Prime, maybe even have left himself a hidden control in the great waystone (now that the sprite is gone). This is really a good tale.

originally posted by Annette

Arithon has never had much trouble communicating with mineral entities, and lost spirits seem to be a growing speciality of his. Morriel thought Arithon an abomination because he was a male trained to power, she ended up the abomination, so it will be interesting to see who eventually ends up with Prime power. And if Arithon can somehow find a way to give it away.

originally posted by Julie

Selidie spent the lives of Koriani to delete some of the imprints in the Waystone. Arithon would probably free them as he did the wraiths.I think he would be more interested in restoring the Waystone to its original nature before millenia of Koriani domination. He is not interested in power, nor would he hand anything to anyone.He gives others keys, its up to them to open the locks.