I'm a Newbie (Poss Spoilers?)

originally posted by Blue

I think in one older thread (which one, I don't remember) Janny herself said that one did not "just become" a F7 Sorcerer. The original 7 were called by, bound into service, and then trained by the Great Drakes - it might just be that the Great Drakes will not accept JUST anybody. Hence, the reason there are spellbinders, like Verrain and Dakar, rather than lesser or replacement Sorcerers.

originally posted by Neil

I think is goes - inevitably - even deeper than that…

But for me it's clear the F7 are the seven and remain so. It's a done deal.

Certainly you'd have to be crazy to volunteer…and to date the F7 have not found the means to break away. If they cannot who could? And would they? Davien seems frustrated(angry?)…

Verrain and Dakar can help the F7 and may be part of a longer term solution for mankind? But they are not bound in the same way (although the fellowship are obliged to "use" them when needs arise…so arguably they are not free either whilst the f7 are bound).

Arithon has respect for the F7 and perhaps will learn to pity them? Arithon, at least, is free but his choices may help the F7 whilst saving himself and his loved ones, avoiding the curse and generally being a saint-mystic.

The F7 current plan has lasted 5000+ years…slow going, I imagine.

See FAQ on Fellowship:

https://paravia.com/JannyWurts/website/AuthorsNotes/FAQ/Fellowship.html

Search for: "Can you tell us more about the Great Drakes and the Fellowship's origins?"

originally posted by Jeffrey L Watson

Please post Stormed Fortress Spoilers in the Stormed Fortress Spoiler topic so that people who have not read that books don't inadvertently stumble into one. I've moved the latest posts of this thread into a new thread called 'Conjectures with spoilers'.

Thanks,

originally posted by Matthew

ah thanks, sorry :smiley: