Finder's Keeper

Oh boy - I had word over the weekend of a new short story's acceptance! Fantasy humor, something I'd never tried before.

I know of at least one other writer on this chat who's had good news in this venue, as well.

Here here!!! (let's see you show your colors, you know who you are!)

originally posted by Sandtiger

::Laugh:: I see I've been called out!

Yes, indeed. My short story, "Dragonslayer: Being the True and Terrible Tale of the Fearsome Meeting Between a Man and a Monster" has also been accepted for the anthology Fantasy Gone Wrong.

I must admit - I was beyond excited to learn that Janny and I would both be in the same book. How amazing!

Jana Paniccia (Sandtiger)

originally posted by Wayne

GREAT NEWS!!!

Congrats to both Janny and Jana on the new short stories.

Can wait to see it out.

Wayne

originally posted by Blue

Okay, okay, I want ISBNs! I want addresses to send books to for autographs!

Way to go!! :smiley:

originally posted by Trys

Congratulation to Janny and Jana!!!

originally posted by R’is’n

Ditto, congrats to both!

originally posted by HJ

Well done the two of you. How proud and thrilled you must be! Enjoy and thanks! :smiley:

originally posted by Auna

Sounds cool! When is this supposed to be released?

There will be an announcement on the website as soon as the (Brittiany Koren) provides me with correct and final information.

The release date, official, for the anthology, Fantasy Gone Wrong, will be September 06.

My first stab at a humorous story…:smiley:…and a thrill to be in such company as Jana!

originally posted by Hunter

Most things involving Dakar are generally related to humour… :smiley:

originally posted by Sandtiger

What a thrill to be in such company as Janny! ::grin::

Here's to next September! :smiley:

Jana

Yes, but humor in a novel, interspersed with story, is not at all the same animal as comedy for its own sake.

originally posted by Hunter

Janny - are you planning an excerpt for the site ahead of it's release? Is it a satire, spoof?