Error in iTunes ebook

originally posted by Izzy

Hi Janny,

I've been reading Peril's Gate on my iPhone (my paperback copy is literally falling apart :D) and I came across this delight… (Down towards the bottom of the page. Sentence starting "His lungs and chest felt…"

(link removed)

Is this something you can chase up and get fixed? I didn't expect to get ads midword in a paid book :smiley:

Regards,

CJ

originally posted by Trys

The Kindle versions has "Visit (link removed) for exclusive information on your favorite author. This appears right in the middle of the word "strapped".

Oh, man - will this crap never END?
I have written to see…

They jumped on it. It's an error, not an ugly snapshot of the future…I have to than you guys for the heads up - they say the problem's fixed.

Nor did they know how it even happened in the first place…

I'll bet this doesn't mean that we can get a replacement though. :frowning_face:

I just checked the Kindle Customer forums on Amazon and apparently they will send an e-mail to people who have bought a book informing them of changes/corrections so that they can download the fixed version. I'll keep you all posted.

originally posted by Sleo

Well I was going to say if I were you I'd be on them until they gave me a replacement!

I suppose it will take a little time for the fix to percolate through the systems.

originally posted by Izzy

Thanks for getting it sorted Janny. I'm with Trys, I hope that we get an update to it (for me, via the Australian iTunes store).

Regards,

CJ