Audio edition....pending

Yesterday, I listened to two clips of two different narrators, proposed for the audio edition of Destiny's Conflict.

No plans as yet for the rest of the series, but this one is a start.

One of the clips sounded very good indeed - let's see what develops. I am currently side tracked from drafting the new book due to creating files for pronunciation etc, for the narrator.

I will keep posting updates regarding the audio version as things develop.

originally posted by Ypso

When a few days ago there was talk going around about a possible audio book version, I was determined not to get too excited in case the information digged up by Annette turned out to be nothing more than a mistake by an external party. But to read your words now… I think I will need some time for this news to sink in. It feels kind of unreal to read that there really is going to be an audio book.

It still strikes me as a bit odd not to start with the first book in the series but with the tenth instead. But that is probably because Destiny's Conflict just got released and they might think that a new title will garner more interest than an older one. But you are right, it is a start and I am really, really happy about it.

Whelp: there's a pre-order link up for the audio edition of Destiny's Conflict.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Destinys-Conflict-Book-Two-of-Sword-of -the-Canon-Audiobook/B077MX8S7L?ref_=a_search_c4_6_2_srTtl&qid=1511552459&sr=6-2

I was recently told: IF THERE IS INTEREST SHOWN IN THIS PRODUCTION, THEY WILL CONSIDER DOING THE EARLIER VOLS.

so - people - if you want an audio edition - hit the pre-order numbers hard and fast (and check to see if your local supplier in other regions lists this, too).

I am making my case to get Mistwraith under consideration - we've got a window of opportunity, here, it would be incredible if we could nail this.

Having the series go into audio would REALLY HELP A LOT since many readers short on time won't consider a series without it. More: the prose was designed to be read aloud, and it would really shine in this format!

I know the narrator they've booked, and honestly, we'll get a great job!!!

Please, if you have a sec - share this link around!

originally posted by Ypso

Since the German branch of Audible does not yet list the audio book, I contacted them to ask if they could add it to their product range. I only got the usual reply (thanks for your interest and the request has been forwarded to the colleagues in charge) but I am pretty optimistic that Destiny's Conflict will be made available over here too. At least that is what happened in the past with other titles that were initially not available in Germany.

originally posted by Melanie Trumbull

Anyone else get an
Audible dot com update
about their
Destiny's Conflict pre-order?

I have just reviewed all of the production files for this release, and they are STUPENDOUS!!

What was in the update, Melanie, if you don't mind my asking? (Did they announce the narrator, yet?)

It is a MINDBLOWING experience, I can't wait till you readers get your hands on this!!!

originally posted by Annette

The audible update I got the other day was just to notify me of the new release date which is 1st March, no mention of who the narrator was going to be.

originally posted by Melanie Trumbull

You asked, Janny –
and Annette is correct.

"Dear Melanie,
We wanted to let you know that the audio publisher has moved the release date of Destiny's Conflict: Book Two of Sword of the Canon: The Wars of Light and Shadow, Book 10 to March 01 2018.
If you'd still like this audiobook, you don't need to do anything - we will add it to your library on March 01 2018 and notify you of its availability. "
Then there is a sentence about canceling the order, should the customer wish to cancel.

There is no announcement regarding the narrator.

Thanks, Melanie.

I have inquired whether I am free to announce the narrator - will put the name up pronto once that's cleared with the powers that be.

I suspect, also, the page for the audio was 'updated' because I believe when I last checked, it had a time for the book's length posted - quite obviously a wild guess, because I have listened to all of it and it def. was more book hours than the original listing.

I expect the full score and all of the info will go up very very soon - I'm pretty stoked!! The overall listen is just - amazing.

originally posted by Alissa

Great news! It makes sense that it's Destiny's Conflict, but I hope they'll produce Mistwraith too :smiley: the book wasn't available in my localized audible website, but I was able to preorder it from the US page without any trouble.

The release for this audio book is TOMORROW!

If we sell 10,000 copies in 1 year from release, then, we get the series produced in total…think of this as a go-fund-me, we could do it…

Check out Colin Mace's lovely narration, regardless:

http://bit.ly/2EuOtFh

I've finally received the audiobook, yay!

YES! It is out TODAY!!!

I hope you enjoy Colin Mace's performace as much as I did!

(Little Engine that Could - we can do this, peeps! Outperform sales expectations, and we CAN HAVE THE SERIES with Colin on board.)

(Want this so very very much, it nearly hurts!) Series with audio reach many more readers. And I can tell you today: Song of the Mysteries will blow the top off…years of work and planning into this finale volume.

Listening to it now, sounds great!

originally posted by Auna

Nice to really hear how the words are pronounced. :smiley:

Bit disappointed I could not download the audio to listen to it in media player, like I could with the other 2 audible books I have of Janny's will try again tomorrow.

OMG trying to download that through Audible was irritating to say the least. I did something with my Firefox browser to block popups, which was why clicking the Download on the dashboard kept going to the webpage asking me to download the Audible Downloader. Ugh. I already did that. Twice! I wound up back in IE to get it done.

So follow the web instructions for how to set your media player as the default, then make sure clicking Download brings up a popup with a progress meter. Then you should be set.

Even with all the blockup stoppers stopped I got nowhere with firefox, with IE I had to download the ADH file and manually select the download manager to open it. I do not understand why it is suddenly so hard to download the file. I am on the same PC that downloaded Master of Whitestorm and Sorcerer's Legacy without trouble.

It's been so long since I downloaded Sorcerer's Legacy, but I don't recall any trouble.

I also had to manually set the album cover to the picture which was a fun search on the web to find out how to do that. Never would have thought of copying the jpg file to put it on the clipboard, and then right clicking on the album in Windows Media Player would unhide a Paste Album Art menu option on the right click menu.

Clearly, this tech needs a bit of an improvement for usability.

Sounds like you got it downloaded at least. :smiley:

Fortunately I downloaded it smoothly through the Audible app. No trouble whatsoever, and I ended up listening to the first chapter "just for a taste". I'm saving it for my next rereading (of course I've already savoured Destiny's Conflict in printed form)!!!