Wow...

originally posted by Izzy

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER.

In case you missed it, this post contains spoilers… :smiley: Well, kinda.

Janny, All I can say is WOW! I haven't even finished the book yet but… WOW! I just finished that whole scene with Sulfin and Lysaer in Avenor (pages mid 200's of the UK TP edition). I was cheering when the lane tide crested. I got some funny looks from the wife and a friend who is over. (My wife reads these also, and is eager for me to finish).

And I LOVE what Arithon did to upset Selidie/Morriel :smiley:

Gotta get back to it. If the second half of the book is as intense as the first half, I'm going to be mentally exhausted.

Regards,

CJ

Cj - Thank you so much for posting your enroute joyful impression - :smiley:

It gets MORE intense…should I apologize… (hah! nope…)

Let us know how you survive the course, pioneer.

originally posted by Kam

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ETC

My mind is reeling from the scope of everything that's happened so it'll take me a while to get to grips with the events.

Oh but I love this "new" Arithon. Who knew that he was such a cheeky little devil!

And Davien rocks my boat to no end.

Janny:
You are really tough on your characters. :stuck_out_tongue: Hasn't he been traumatised enough? *sniffs*

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER.

Finally finished. I would have completed the book a number of hours ago, but two things occured to stop me. My parents arrived to visit from out of town, and my dog decided (whilst in my lap) to make a vigrous welcome to my wife when she got home from work, and proceeded to use my right eyeball as leverage to get out of my lap. It's been hard to read between the pain and the cold compress :smiley:

For those of you who are sneaking peaks at this thread to gain some insight before you read, I'm going to disappoint you. My preference is to allow a larger number of people to read the book before discussions start. I personally don't want to spoil the story for anyone, and I do know how tempting it can be to read these spoiler threads. I will, however, say the following…

It's a wild ride. There are a couple of spots in the book when you can take a break and get some sleep/do some work. I STRONGLY suggest you take them, because within the next chapter, the ride starts again.

Also, whilst the story doesn't end (as we all know), it does have ALOT more closure than PG did. I think it's safe to say that whilst I eagerly await SF, the wait will be easier than it was for TK.

All in all a great work as usual Janny. About halfway through I seemed to find a few things that didn't ring the same way as the previous books (notably the short three paragraph snippets between chapter sets) but at the end it all came together excellently.

Thanks so very much for sharing this story with us.

Regards,

CJ

originally posted by skeoke

Gotta leave the board until I have copy in hand and have caught up.

SPOILERS are just way too tempting to read!

originally posted by Dorothy

I think I'll follow in your footsteps skeoke and return when I've read it too.This is agony-hopefully shortlived!

originally posted by Blue

I think Auna said it best in another thread:

"All the time you are spending here, you who have the book NOW, are cutting into precious reading time. Shoo!"

originally posted by Mark Timmony

So Izzy, can you imagine how hard it was for me to keep silent re: certain revelations? :smiley: hehehehe.

Mark,

Yes, I know exactly how you feel :smiley:

Regards,

CJ

originally posted by wolfhunter

Sorry Skeoke,
the temptation is too big! My book is still not available in Oz. So I must sneek in here and drool over your snippets.
It sounds as if it is as good as we would all imagine. I would not have expected anything else from Janny. Geez, got no finger nail left. Got to check with my bookseller tomorrow and probably every day until it's in my hot little hand.
Cheers
an envious Wolfhunter

originally posted by Leonie

Well, what a great book!!! I finished it last night - and it certainly was a wild ride.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
Loved the bit where Arithon figures out how to "tame" iyats. Loved all of it in fact! There were some answers presented, but many more questions posed, and I can't wait to find out whether Sulfin Evend and Arithon arrive at Sanpashir together - and if they do, what the outcome is.

Just a quick note, as I have to get to work, kids to school etc.

Thanks for a great book Janny. Now I need to read it at a slower pace, for all the nuance that I'm sure I missed. :smiley:

Leonie

originally posted by Kam

Spoiler Spoiler ditto ditto ditto

Yeah, I have this mental image of him commanding objects to fly around the room ala Mickey in Disney's Fantasia. (He's also mumbling "Bibbity bobbity boo" for some wierd reason…)

And I hope they do! I've always wanted Arithon to meet Sulfin, since it would be such a cracker, considering Jieret's brief but significant meeting with Lysaer. Besides, Arithon has such a way on him - he manages to turn everyone he meets. Eventually.

Considering Arithon's compassionate nature, I wonder why he hasn't expressed any form of pity towards Lysaer before. Although I suppose the curse prevents him from feeling anything other than hatred when it comes to a certain half-brother…

Hmmm… I dinna want to spoil anything for anyone. So I'll wait before posting about speculations and wotnot. :stuck_out_tongue:

originally posted by Shaerra

Hi all,

Having just, like 10 mins ago finished the book all i can say is *wow* and when's the next one due? *grin*

Oh it is available here in Oz, picked it up from A&R in Brisbane on saturday.

originally posted by Auna

Great read! I love Sulfin's character even more now!

Davien… wow…

Arithon… wow…

Lots to mull over and reread :smiley:

originally posted by kempc

Got the book on Monday and just finished it today (Thursday). Fantastic - must admit I did miss out on some sleep along the way. Love the large format (it stays open) only problem is it's harder to hold up out of the water in the bath - but it turned out I shouldn't have been reading it in the bath anyway (stayed in too long and got all wrinkled). And I have to say Galaxy bookshop in Sydney is really serious about making the book obvious - it's in a display right next to the entry/counter area. Like others have said, I have to now re-read it at a slower pace…Do we have to wait till March for the next one?

originally posted by Trys

quote:

Do we have to wait till March for the next one?

Maybe a bit longer than that as Janny is still writing it. :smiley:

Trys

originally posted by George

Reading the book…and haven't quite finished it yet…but one overwhelming thought has crossed my mind…

the Koriani are REALLY a bunch of COWS/TROLLS!

SPOILER:…>

I like the interplay between Sulfin and the Koriani at Hanshire…it gives a greater insight in to the machinations of the Order.

originally posted by Demi

If this is a spoiler, you guys are not spilling anything. Just dish it out suspense is killing me here!!

originally posted by Auna

We are all trying to be very vague so people don't possibly ruin their experience. I suspect things will get more concrete after the Feb release is out. Trust me, you don't want to have any spoilers. I almost regret reading the excerpts.

originally posted by Trys

Not to say that anyone has to post spoilers but… anyone who doesn't want to read them won't as long as the SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER is put on the top of them. Also, it might just be possible that the author is dying to know how you reacted to various parts of the book. :wink: