WordPress Blog experience

originally posted by Trys

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here has experience with setting up a WordPress blog? I'm looking into this and finding the documentation to be rather circular and expecting that you know things that currently I don't.

If anybody has any experience, here, it would really help out!

originally posted by Kirsten Laurelle Wallace

I have one and I've set one up, but I don't know that I'd call it "experience." Do you have a specific question?

Kirsten,

I'm finding creating a theme to be very challenging. I've ordered a book and just downloaded a software package to try and help with this. Did you create your own theme and/or take an existing theme and change it to be what you wanted?

Trys

originally posted by Kirsten Laurelle Wallace

No, I didn't go that far. As you've already found out, it's really complicated. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Kirsten,

No problem :smiley:

Trys

I've used hosted Wordpress blogs in the past, but have never installed the package itself on any of my servers. If you ever need an extra set of uneducated eyes, I'd be glad to assist. I believe the Wordpress forums over on wordpress.org are fairly comprehensive as well.

Do I smell a new site feature? :wink:

Brian,

You may very well smell a new site feature. :smiley:

I've successfully installed the software on the server where paravia is hosted and that was very easy. It's the theme stuff that is tough. It doesn't help that I don't know PHP… yet.

Trys