What's Next?

originally posted by Blue

I like George Carlin's comments on lobster and crab:

Step on that thing! Step on it before it gets to the children! Something crawling at me sideways… just doesn't make me hungry.

I grossed someone out about shell fish one time. I was in the emergency room and they needed to put some contrast iodine dye in me so they could take a CAT scan. The nurse asked me if I was allergic to shellfish and I said I don't know, because I don't eat the things. She got kind of snippy with me, demanding to know WHY I didn't eat shellfish. I was groggy from all the meds they had pumped into me and snarled back, "Look lady, a slug with a condo just doesn't make me hungry!"

originally posted by Iris

Lobsters also live for a very long time and they never stop growing…once, on a dive in the carib my hubby and I saw the antennea of a lobster stuck in a crevace that were (no kidding) almost as fat around as my arm. We didn't mess with her…she was probably huge! My husband told me later that he first was thinking "what a meal!" but realized the lobster might be thinking the same thing! Yikes. It is lobster season here in FL now…just incase anyone wants to know. Poor little bugs.

Janny - mother nature looks to have won the 4th of July spectacular this year and just keeps on dazzling us…yesterday the storm was deafening. I happen to be in N. Miami and the reverberation off the tall condos was amazing. The sound was so intense, I could feel it on my skin. Incredible. But then, I am fascinated by thunder storms. Most people are terrified with good reason; the lightening can be deadly and is certainly prolific in Florida.

Iris

Iris - it can be pretty awesome, and the lighting as the sun goes down, on those TOWERING T heads. Wow. We really get a light show - no mountains, but the sky here is just awesome and ever changing.

We got a banger too, a few days ago - 5 inches of rain in an hour, and 5 hours without power.

That's Florida in summer. Interesting with a Zip.

originally posted by Charitie V. Hyman

While everyone seems to be talking about lobster, I must say - What about crawfish? Only because I am from the South and felt that I should comment.

My summer in a nutshell, took Ukrainian for 6 weeks, almost drowned on a river, had my car demolished by some idiot driver, came home, and now I am doing absolutely nothing. Hence the reason that I am finally posting a message here even though I have been reading it forever.