Vision of Arithon and a Unicorn

originally posted by skeoke

The good news, though, is that he remembers the vision. So, it is not fore-doomed.

originally posted by Lisa

Thanks guys… now that you say that i do actually remember it!
Cheers.

originally posted by Robert

Hey everybody!! What if the Unicorn was under possession from a free wraith in Dakar's vision? That would explain Alithiel wakening. Maybe that's why they left the continent, because they are afraid of possession from the free wraiths. How sad would it be if a wraith could take over a paravians spirit? If they can do it to a fellowship sorcerer, then why not to a paravian? Scary thought huh?

originally posted by neil

Hi Robert

I wondered that. Janny said that a paravian could NOT be possesed :slight_smile: (I think it is in the FAQs)

I suspect that Dakar has misread the potential action / consequence of the vision?

originally posted by Robert

Thanks Neil. What makes it a real puzzle is that his sword reacts. Wonder why?

originally posted by pat selbie

The Paravians had to be persuaded to let the humans stay on Athera ( and Davien agreed): if they revoke that consent due to L's "religion" and consequences, Arithon could be trying to defend the people from the unicorn, which would be a righteous cause…

originally posted by Ben

Would beings of such grace really resort to something so primitive as stabbing someone with their head? Remember when Arithon first came to *realise* Alithiel and was appalled that he had ever used it for killing. That was a forged sword, not the actual body of a Paravian, so I can't really see it happening. Wouldn't they deal with anyone they had problems with using spells, like they did with Ciladis (spelling?)

originally posted by Annette

Here's a thought. I don't know if someone has already brought this up or not but if not it might be worth considering. In re-reading the glossary there is mention of Riathan Paravians being unicorns, "the purest and most direct connection to Ath Creator; the prime vibration channels directly through the horn." So maybe the unicorn in Dakar's vision isn't attacking Arithon, maybe instead he/she is trying to somehow connect Arithon with Ath Creator? Or show him a vision…? Does that make any kind of sense? Especially considering that Arithon is also connected to Riathan as it's High King (if yet uncrowned).

originally posted by Jay_Jay

Interesting thought, Annette! Dakar might have misinterpreted what he saw, and automatically assumed the unicorn meant Arithon harm. It could also be the unicorn was protecting something… aren't there unicorns guarding Cildas?..and was merely warning Arithon.

originally posted by Trys

However, Alithiel has engaged its starsong which it only does when it is being wielded in a just cause.

originally posted by Laneth Shadow-Walker

*thinks*

Then again, the Riathan could be channeling the almighty rage of Dhakaron Avenger / Ath Creator?
*smitiness with the angry fist of a god*

Then again, maybe the just cause goes against the will of said deity, and so there is the scene.

I'm not really eloquent today…I'll come back to this…

originally posted by BILLEEBEE

Could the unicorn in Dakar's vision be the same one that blessed Elaria? Is there a connection there for the tragic lovebirds??

originally posted by Jo

I also think that Dakar could have misunderstood this. Was Arithon laying in a pool of blood? All we have is the unicorn with its head down ready to charge and the sword sending warning so to speak. My thought is that the Raithain does not want to be found yet and that maybe they don't know who arithon is. Or it is just a warning for Arithon to get lost and leave them alone. Just a thought

originally posted by Laneth Shadow-Walker

Or maybe there was something behind Arithon and he didn't notice as he was overawed by the the Riathan.
That could explain the charge "at" him, as well as Alithiel flaring up…

originally posted by Annette

I also think Dakar misunderstood what he was seeing. He saw the unicorn poised in the rampant and assumed he was going to charge Arithon, shortly after the head is dipped it seems near Arithon and Dakar again assumes it is going to gore him. Arithon is on his knees in the sand, using Alithiel for some purpose we do not yet know, but obviously a just cause. What if Arithon called the unicorn? Or asked for Ath's guidance and the unicorn was his answer. Would a unicorn just appear placid on 4 legs after being plucked from who knows where, or could it appear in the rampant position (rearing up) perhaps startled or for some other reason. It cannot touch Arithon with its horn unless it lowers its head. Unicorns have better things to do with their horns than gore people.

originally posted by Melanie Trumbull

Just my two cents' worth,
but for me the thread title really does not go with the thread posts.

The posts largely focus on Dakar's rogue vision, which he DOES recall, of Arithon and a Riathan Paravian confronting each other.

"Execution" in the thread title suggests a different Dakar vision, or caithdien Jieret's Sighted vision.

It makes for some confusion! Thanks.