originally posted by Deborah McNemar

Mine went right and then left.

originally posted by Trys

I'm with Deborah… right and then left.

originally posted by Kitsune

Funny. I went left, then left.

originally posted by Iris Timm

Kris,

I absolutely went right and then right…interesting. What were you intending?

Iris

originally posted by Kris

Iris,
My curiosity about what others picture in their mind came to me one night when I couldn't fall asleep. I started asking people what they saw just to see if there was a trend or if it was related to their personality, so I guess their wasn't really much intention involved. One reason I posted this question was to see if there was anyone out there who knew enough about psychology to give me some info about my "findings". Other than that, I just think the human mind is one of the most interesting and intriguing things and this was a fun experiment.
By the way…it could be taken another step to what type of paper the guy was writing and what his study looked like and was decorated like, and the same with the hallway and library.
Thanks for indulging in my strange question everyone. :smiley:
-Kris

Welcome Kris - what a fun exploration.

I have word that Diamond Books have received their copies and are starting them into distribution TODAY.

Meisha Merlin orders will start being shipped Thursday and Friday, and this is the "top priority" at their Georgia warehouse.

originally posted by Cheryl Detmer

Thanks Janny, Do you think my Bookstop store would get it in next week then? I hope so. Can't wait to see the lovely artwork. I keep looking on the shelves for it but realize it was too early. Maybe next week will be it. Thanks

originally posted by Hannah

My mind went left and then left, but I would chalk this up to the fact that I am sitting at my desk and if I got up, I would turn left to go down my own hallway, and then left again because that's the side the first door down the hall is. Although, by my turning left and then left, that would put me in the kitchen, which is somewhere I want to go right now, because it's dinner time. There's my hypothesis on my reaction.

originally posted by Susan

You might be on to something Hannah. Left then Left for me would be the bathroom. Since I'm 8 months pregnant, I've been taking that route a lot lately.

While the last two answers made me laugh, there's probably a lot of truth in them. If you're fortunate enough to have both a library and a study in your home, you would probably use whatever directions you'd need to get from one to other.
Janny, thanks for the warm welcome and the updates on the status of Traitor's Knot :smiley:

originally posted by Konran

I saw left-right. Am I the only one?

Before I forget, I HAVE to post this. My b/f and I went out for dinner last night, and as we were leaving we were just talking randomly, and he accidentally says "Ath-forsaken" instead of "God-forsaken". I look at him and then we both crack up laughing. You know you've been reading too much Janny when…

originally posted by Blue

You know you've been reading too much Janny when…

Konran, with all of the anticipation over the release of the US version of TK and the rumblings Janny is hearing already for Stormed Fortress, I don't think "Too much Janny" is possible. At least to judge by all the laughter I swear I hear in my dreams from Janny's study way down yonder in Florida… :smiley:

Blue!!! laughter, indeed. You crack me up!

OK - TK/US - roughly two thirds of the pre-orders from Bookstores through DIAMOND made it through the system and shipped yesterday. The rest will go out next week, on their "Wednesday ship date" schedule. I don't know how long the copies will be in transit, or which shops will receive theirs first…it's your turn, people, to go to your favorite "book watering holes" and make alot of noise. :smiley:

I will be at Book Expo America in NYC tomorrow - and will be seeing many of the people handling the behind the scenes…meeting the crew, as it were.

Let's see who gets their copy first! The preorders from Meisha are scheduled to start going out today, also.

I get to work on Stormed Fortress…oh, and plan for a MASSIVE visit to NYC's Tower Records to stock up on some new music to speed the story along…:smiley:
Muahahaha! MORE MUSIC!

originally posted by Sandtiger

Go Janny! Go Janny!

Sandtiger ::Looking forward to the juicy extras in the MM edition::

That's great. I'm always the last to receive it so that means my stores are sloooooow. lol Maybe I'll be quick this time. I was telling my dad about the time we did that thread with the famous ketchup subject and I couldn't remember what you put in the ketchup bottle that time. Does anyone remember what it was spiked with? I told my dad that and he laughed but couldn't remember the exact thing it was. Now I'm trying to remember very hard what it was. lol

Plastic ants.

You're welcome for the crack up, Janny.

Of course, I usually "hear" this laughter after you read a speculation on this very board and likely think, "Oh, man, they're a million miles away from what WILL happen. Mwahhahahahaah!"

That is, of course, if you do the maniacal laughter bit.

Thank you Blue, that was funny with those plastic ants. Wonder where you get those. lol

originally posted by Hannah

Blue: That is, of course, if you do the maniacal laughter bit.

Apparently she does at the thought of the bill she'll rack up in new CDs.

Konran,

"Merciful Ath" is a thought that often rolls through my head, while I'm rolling my eyes at something. Or "Fiends plague!" in a Dakar type-of-way. Fortunately, I've managed to refrain from uttering them out loud. I think.

One of my work friends (who has read the books) and I get a kick out of using some of the words that Janny resurrects from middle school age spelling/word-lists. Like, eh… "mountebank." Not something you usually hear in every day conversation, so we have a good laugh when referring to 'yon mountebank.' Mountebank. 'S'a good word.

Just random: when Luhaine calls Fionn a 'yokel' in PG… man, that just slays me everytime. "Yokel, I'm not interested in your mud-wallow relatives" [paraphrase] Luhaine is too funny. Although Kharadmon would surely disagree with me there.

Hannah

Any clue whether amazon.com is slow or fast about getting books like Traitor's Knot?
Thanks

My favorite quote, which I use during insult competitions with my brothers is "Toad humping spawn of a maggot!" another Dakar classic.

No, the plastic ants was Janny's little bit of wickedness, aided and abetted by a giggling Don Maitz.