Update

originally posted by Auna

Excellent timing since I'm back from E3 :smiley:

originally posted by Calais Nox

Been a lurker for a loooong time now. Just had to say…YAY! I ordered my copy from Meisha Merlin today! I wait with bated breath.

originally posted by Cheryl Detmer

My husband's family all live in Ohio. Cincinnatti area. I hope to come up there one day and see the snow and eat a White Castle. I want a real White Castle really bad. I love Spaghetti and Chili. My husband said that is a Northern dish and I'd never heard of it till he told me about it. I ordered a copy of Traitor's Knot at Barnes and Nobles. I just hope they get it soon. Next week I'm hoping.

originally posted by Trys

Cheryl,

I've never heard of Spaghetti and Chili, though I am familiar with ChiliMac which is chili con carne with cooked macaroni added.

Trys

originally posted by Susan

Trys, your surfing was correct and I'm amused that you actually found it there. "Mistake on the Lake" is a term mostly used by Pittsburghers to refer to Cleveland. I had some friends in college from Mt. Pleasant, that's a pretty area. I agree on the British comedy. I find myself watching BBC more than the American networks. I'd rather watch old Couplings than The Bachelor. (Although I did watch the first episode this time to see the guy from Sliders).

Cheryl, your husband is slightly mistaken. Spaghetti and Chili isn't a northern thing, it's a Cinncinnatti thing, it only makes it about as far north as Columbus. They did briefly open a Skyline Chili in Cleveland that served it and I think it only lasted a few years. I liked it though, especially piled with cheese and onions (I think it was called a 5-way).

originally posted by Wayne McCalla

Actually I remember it growing up in Wisconsin also. But that was mostly doing it at home:smiley: but do remember it somewhere at a restaurant there

Local fast food restaurant here in town has it going up from one-way to seven-way.

And of course I may add it at home just to stretch out the food budget :smiley:

Wayne

I'm sorry Susan. I think he did say it was in Cincinnatti but his mother says it's a Northern Dish. She grew up in the Ohio, Indiana area. It's definitely not a Southern dish but I make it for him. We do Mac and Chili too. I love that. Yum!! Thanks Wayne, I thought I heard further out North too but it's more famous in the Cincinnatti area I bet.

Welcome to delurk status, Calais Nex. We don't bite, really…

I'm glad you delurked Calais Nex. Welcome to the board. It's a fun place to be. I lurked for awhile before I got up the nerve to post. lol It was my first post online, on this board, with an author. I was so proud. hehehe

originally posted by Ryan Gohl

There are probably a few other lurkers as well, myself included :wink:

Welcome to the chat area Calais and Ryan. As Janny says we don't bite… well only if you aren't a sheep. :smiley:

Trys <– resident gryphon

originally posted by Iris Timm

okay - me too. Been lurking around for months trying to catch up on the massive amount of historic posting on this site. Wow.

This is my first EVER posting on line too…guess it is time to make introductions since there will be plenty to talk about with TK out soon! I was so amazed to find this resource (the internet - what did we do without it?) - funny thing is that these discussions and questions prompted me to go back and re-read the entire series again. I can't believe how much I missed the first time! The magnitude of creative genius in Janny's work is delightfully challenging. (Janny - if you are listening - THANK YOU!)

Iris

originally posted by Ryan Gohl

Well Iris… unfortunately the rest of the world has had TK for a bit :smiley: So they are a bit ahead of us here in the States. We have some catching up to do it seems…

originally posted by Calais Nox

Thank you for the welcomes and greetings to the other lurkers. I usually don't post on message boards where the actual author is a regular for fear of embarrassing myself but this time I just couldn't resist.

I'm reassuring myself that while every one else may have already read TK…I, at least, will have a shorter wait for Stormed Fortress.

~Nox

originally posted by Ika Nurain

Hi Janny and everyone!

Trys, I had to laugh!..You sure anyone other than sheep are fine? Wouldn't want someone to lose a hand when they're not looking, ;).

Welcome lurkers! And I agree with you, Calais…Less wait for Storm Fortress, and yet the anticipation and the guessing on what's gonna happen next is driving me crazy. Janny's decision to put Arithon and Davien in one room gives birth to a lot of questions, really. No fair, Janny! Heehee, just kidding.

Cheers everyone,
Ika

originally posted by Hannah

Calais,

I have embarrassed myself here a plethora of times. I've survived mostly intact, but not unchanged. (For the better, one hopes!)

originally posted by Neilw

Calais,

I'm sure I have embarrassed myself here a few times but I keep coming back for more…

Having Janny here and several people who know the story *very well* makes for interesting reading. And Janny and Trys are very fair with us fans (well Janny drops naughty hints from time to time to make us drool…not at all a level playing field there! And Trys moderates very moderately)

Guessing where the story is going on this board helps me to forget about waiting for the next book.

originally posted by Hellcat

Welcome one and all! My first post on here was a massive speculation on Stormed Fortress, which is possibily not the best way to join, but I'd read enough of the board by then to know that This was group of people who I would really enjoy discussing Janny's work with. I and my appaling spelling are still enjoying ourselves years later.

I really like the fact that Janny is here and choses to share additional insights with us, if we ask. It gives extra depth to the world she has created, questions my asumptions and raises more ideas.

Welcome again
Hellcat

Welcome Iris.

Ika,

quote:

Trys, I had to laugh!..You sure anyone other than sheep are fine? Wouldn't want someone to lose a hand when they're not looking, ;).

Well only if they have a pet sheep? :wink:

Oh it just occurred to me, some moisturizers might use lanolin in them and that's a sheep by product. Oh MY! Watch your hands people!! <eg>

Calais,

Don't worry about embarrassing yourself. Anything said just adds fuel to the speculations and as to questions, "the only dumb question is the one that remains unasked". :smiley:

I've embarrassed myself plenty of times here and most people just laugh about it. It's all in fun and I think of it as fun even when I mess up. Have fun and wow everyone is delurking now. Just how many lurkers are out there not posting. My eyes are glaring at you all non-posters lurking. lol just kidding You all came out of delurking on my birthday. Nice timing for some homecooked mutton. hehe