UK., and USA., Editions.

Hi Laurence - what does it cost to pay the acting talent to do the reading, and hours of recording studio time? Don't think that degree of production comes cheap…of course, I'd jump at the chance if we had an offer on the table!

originally posted by Laurence J Johnson

Hello Janny, I'm not sure what the costs would be but you could shop around, these companies want the business after all.

Perhaps some of your readers work in the appropriate industries.

I have read Tolkien's book The Silmarillion many times but I recently listened to the unabridged audio book, which was read by an English actor called Martin Shaw, I have never enjoyed the story more!

I intend to buy books in unabridged audio format from now on.

I really enjoy this format and now that I'm in my 50s, I find that reading is a strain on my eyes.

Terry Goodkind's THE SWORD OF TRUTH series, are all now available in audio book format.

Perhaps he would have some positive pointers, cheers.

originally posted by Brittani Pasek

The guy who does the harry potter series, Jim Dale, is really amazing. Im sure he's also really expensive but as far as speaking artists (for lack of better name) goes I put in a vote for him. I would really really like to hear these books on audio. It brings a whole new excitement to a story.

originally posted by Hunter

Martin Shaw played Ray Doyle in the excellent English police TV show called The Professionals… more recently he's been starring in a series called Judge Deed…

Surely for a speaking person, you must get Christopher Lee. My other choice would have been Richard Burton. His narration on Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds soundtrack was magnificent, although his appearance in 1972 film version of Under Milkwood with then wife Elizabeth Taylor was a little strange…

Anybody want to foot the bill? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I'd be totally thrilled to pieces!!!

originally posted by Andrea Stafford

I would like to say I am so in lvoe with your works. Mainly speaking the Mistwraith novels. I am heart broken to say though I have been unable to find in any store the Grand conspiracy and Even more discontent to know that your latest works from Stormed Fortress on have not been let out in Canada *to my knowledge*.

When I receieved Fugitive prince from a friend at work *Secret Santa* I jumped from my seat and hugged (and kissed him) I forgot about the party and started reading…

Do you have any information on this subject for me? Please. I want (AKA need) to know.

Thank you Mrs. Wurts for filling my head with dreams and far of places a wish I could go.

OuterHeaven

originally posted by Clansman

Andrea, my fellow Canadian:

The Wars of Light and Shadow (which you refer to as the "Mistwraith" books) have been out of print in North America for some time now, though much of the series has current print runs in the UK, so it can be ordered from overseas, though at considerable expense. Stormed Fortress, the latest novel, is sold out of the trade paperback, though its UK edition in mass market paperback is out in a few weeks.

However, a new dawn is upon us in North America! Janny has a new publishing contract, the details of which are still pending, which will see the whole series, plus the one shot novel To Ride Hell's Chasm, issued in mass market paperback in April of 2009. You will be able to get the entire series (Curse of the Mistwraith, Ships of Merior, Warhost of Vastmark, Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy, Peril's Gate, Traitor's Knot, Stormed Fortress), in about six months.

There might still be some hardcover editions of Traitor's Knot and To Ride Hell's Chasm at Amazon.ca or other online sellers. If you have not read all the books, next spring is your best bet, as going on Abebooks or some other second hand sellers is pretty hit and miss, and Janny does not get paid or recognized by her publisher for second hand sales. You will be able to order whatever books you have missed in the series next April at your local bookstore, and then you don't have to pay the shipping, which more than makes up for the difference in price between new and used. Most of the second hand books from later in the series are only available in HC anyway in NA, so they aren't cheap to buy or ship, making a new paperback far cheaper.

Hi Andrea - welcome here!

So sorry the books have been in "eclipse" here but I had to change publishers, and that required a loooong wait for the book rights for N. America to revert to me.

Now that they have, a new sort of deal is agreed - with the publisher's contracts now being examined to be sure all the i's are dotted, and t's crossed. The minute the paperwork is completed, a detailed announcement as to which house, and how it came about, will be made on this site.

Meantime, I can say this: all the titles mentioned in the above post will be available in N. America in April of 09. ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS SELL THROUGH - and things are back in the thick of the action. You could - tell your local venue, or shop, that this is going to be happening and let them know of your interest. Word really helps! And having folks on the lookout, or having shop personnel, or people who frequent forums aware and able to tell other people who may be asking about the very same titles, meantime - will help very much and make the publisher's task of getting the books out there (on already crowded book shop shelves) that much easier.

The series certainly could use its old friends to help pave the way for this coming release - in any event, I thank you for taking your time to query, and how nice, that you found us here at Paravia! Do take care, on your rambles through the chat, to watch out for story spoilers - you will find it's a nice and welcoming crowd.