Themes, Ideas and Characters

originally posted by Cheryl

Hi Frank you're welcome. I've only wanted her to do this sequel for ten years lol I'm glad others wanted a sequel to Nightfall. I found him an entertaining character. I sympathized with him immediately like I did with Arithon. I enjoyed her Bi frost series too.

originally posted by Frank T Davis

Cheryl,
What do the letters LOL stand for? I note that it is typically used on the site by those who are also authors?

MZR is one of my all time favorite authors. I believe that I have a copy of each of the fantasy novels that she has had published. I have 13 of her novels. Are there motre than 13?
Thanks, Frank

originally posted by Blue

LOL = Laugh Out Loud or Lots Of Laughs.

When I took bank teller training years ago, it meant Little Old Lady. It took me a while after getting online to figure out why, when something struck someone funny, they would respond Little Old Lady.

Nothing to be ashamed of, Frank.

I prefer lots of laughs to little old lady thank you very much lol I got in the habit of doing LOL's from an email pal of mine I met on the wb board. She does them and got me doing them and I like to be sure people know I'm teasing and not being insulting in anyway things get misinterpreted online sometimes the lol's help. I don't know how many books Mickey has in all but 13 sounds right. I have all her books as well but haven't read all of the Renshai trilogies. I'm behind on those. Sandtiger will have a fit when she reads that LOL I've read all her others though and love them. She's starting a new Renshai trilogy next and I want to have them finished by that time. Their's 6 in the Renshai series, 5 in the Bi Frost 2 now in the nightfall books, and two in the duology she has can't remember the name of it but it's Return to Baraka I think. So that's 15 she has now with Nightfall included. You might not have that Baraka series but also one more I just remembered Spirt Fox it's great book that might be the one you're missing. that's 16 then she has. Hope that helped some. I think Amazon would have them there to order.

Thanks Blue for the info. LOL had always meant Lots of Love to me and that just didn't seem to fit.
Frank

Thanks Cheryl, I have the BiFrost series in two volumes. MZR also co-wrote Spirit Fox with Jennifer Wingert. She also wrote Flightless Falcon. This makes a total of 13, 14 counting the Return of Nightfall.

You must read the two Renshai trilogies as they are her best writing in my opinion. I'm really excited to learn that MZR plans a third Renshai series.
Frank

originally posted by Trys

Frank,

A couple of others you may encounter:

OTOH - On the the hand
IFRC - If I recall correctly
YMMV - Your mileage may vary
LOL - Laughing out loud
ROTFLMAO - Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

And my favorite - ROTFLSHIWMP - Rolling on the floor laughin so hard I wet my pants.

Trys

LOL that's a new one for me and my favorite is ROTFLMAO lol Trys taught me that one too. Or was it Sandtiger it's very educational lol Flightless Falcon I remember that one good standalone book sorry I forgot that one earlier. I have them all just not all in one spot on my shelves. Thanks for reminding me of that one it is a good one. I know I wasn't sure I liked the girl renshai in the renshai series she seemed all tomboyish to me not sure I'd like her. She makes the men seem like they are insignificant and she's the fighter but that's the renshai in her. Again my trouble with heroines. I enjoy all the other characters in the series though. I read the last one Children of Wrath and it was great now I have to go back to read the others. Don't ask how I ended up reading the last one first I have no idea grin.

Thank you very much Trys. You have definitely made my day. ROTFLMAO!!
Frank

originally posted by joshua bruce law

In terms of surnames mine seems to add a lot of confusion. Whenever i speak to someone on the phone (for instance calling the bank) they always ask me to spell it, it's LAW for the love of crumb cake and yet everyone seems to think it'll have some outlandish spelling.

i'm tempted to have my name changed by deedpoll to "lore" just to justify having to spell it out, or revert it to the original name of one of my ancestors.
My last name is an assumed one after some of the great greats left the continent and went to the uk. One of the originals was approximately tsiershuke.

originally posted by seljo

Janny… you said you know Mickey Zucker Richert – is she still working? I've checked her website and it is Woefully out of date (nothing newer than 2002) – I also loved her Renshai series but can't find any way to find out anything about what she's doing these days.

Hi Seljo - I presume she's still writing. If DAW books has an e mail, inquire - that's her publisher, or better, ask your local bookchain to do a search on her titles.

I will (should?) be seeing her at a convention we're doing next year. I haven't talked to her in ages. If I do, I'll be certain to ask.

You can ALWAYS write to an author, care of their publisher. The letter may take a bit of time to arrive, but it does get forwarded on.

originally posted by plutoplex

Amazon lists a new Renshei book coming out in (I think) September, with the title "Flight of the Renshei."

originally posted by seljo

Thanks, for that, Janny… I'll try something through DAW…

and thanks, Plutoplex for the Amazon reference… but as for Amazon and their dates/predictions… I'd rather trust my magic 8 ball :slight_smile:

originally posted by plutoplex

I agree, Amazon's release dates are problematic at best. But the book is available for pre-order, so their ballpark is probably partially quasi-semi-accurate. Maybe. Unless someone made a typo.