Synopsis

originally posted by Neil

Ciladis almost has to return / just like the paravians…

Where they are and why they are unable / unwilling to return seems very very important to this story.

The fellowship fear Ciladis is captured / held against his will (as per Davien in TK?)

originally posted by dee

yes I would agree with you. isn't it all fabulously addictive?

originally posted by Matthew

i didnt mean mankind would build more starships… i meant that the one or ones they arrived one ARE STILL AROUND (dun dun duhhh)

i'm sure Ms Wurts said somewhere in the forum that if enough people are beginning to believe something that isnt true she might be tempted to correct them. So everyone jump on my starship bandwagon!

originally posted by DarthJazy

what so there are starships coming and athera will be vacated? :stuck_out_tongue:

yes! (nice job DarthJazy, very convincing! now everyone else…)

WAIT! If the starships be found will the force be used to guide them to their new home? So that ends the all the arcs? im sad to bad starship must come.

originally posted by Angus

Sorry, but I must do this:

Will Captain Kirk and Spock be there too???

After seeing reference to the "force", sarcasm took over.

The starship is stuck in a swamp and being guarded by Ciladis… who happens to be about 3 foot tall, green and likes piggybacks.

i kid.

Seriously though … the starship/s are coming…

Has anyone ever SEEN Davien's ears? i bet theyre always covered in hair… set sarcasm to stun!

my name is CPDAKAR i can drink over 6 million forms of beer how may i serve thee *hic*

CPDAKAR serves up two cold beers, do you:
a) drink one
b) leave the room through the exit to the south

presses a)

As you reach for the drink CPDAKAR grabs the glasses and drains both. Waving his arms he slurs, 'These aren't the drinks you're looking for,' then collapses.

originally posted by Catherine Britt

Neil

Just wondering about the Biedar - if the Biedar consider Arithon as son of Mother Dark. Is he considered divine by them?

Just when did they arrive in Athera? I do not remember in the books if they came with all the other fugitives? And does any one have any thoughts on what prophecy are they keepers of?

originally posted by dee

ok - all together - nice and loud

"there's khadrims on the starboard bough, starboard bough…"

Best way to start the day is with a laugh, thanks for making me snort my drink :smiley: i can almost imagine them acting it out…

originally posted by Neil

oh dear…sarcasm overload…my dilithium brain canna take it any more captain…

Catherine: re: Biedar

We don't know…presumably they came at the same time as the rest of humanity…but who knows?!? I'm not even sure whether they "answer" to the shand cathdein today or whether they are apart?
The "Sundering star" short story gives us a little more insight into the bieder. I'm note sure whether the desrt tribesmen we're seen with Atithon are "biedar tribe"? But the knife Sulfin will return means he will meet a bieder elder in SF (Stormed Fortess; not science fiction!!!) I guess.

Everyone, I saw a post once where someone refered to Janny having mentioned that the starship the fellowship came/crashed in on was at the bottom of crater lake.

How humanity came is anyone's guess (Did Davien mention any details in TK?) and would the ships still be orbiting Arthera after 5000 years? Technology seems such a no no where Athera's electro-magnetic fields are concerned…Sethvir so far is only person with books on celestial mechanics…

originally posted by Blue

It is hard to say, without further information, exactly what status Arithon might hold with the desert tribes. The exact quote I remember is that they revere Mother Dark and "shadows are her infant sons."

Whether that means that they view Arithon as literally divine, or touched by the Mother Dark Goddess is hard to say at this point. They may consider him Mother Dark's messenger, prophet, angel, or a mortal who was extremely blessed by Her at birth, with his shadow mastery.

In any case, I do believe that Arithon is rather uncomfortable with their support because one, this is another group of innocent people who could get caught up in and slaughtered in the course of the Wars of Light and Shadow, and two, because their reverence for his powers seems uncomfortably close to the fervor Lysaer is whipping up amongst the Townies for his.

Dee, have you ever heard the song, Banned from Argo? It is about shore leave gone REALLY wrong with the original cast. The verse that would definitely fit Dakar is the Captain's verse… here is a little paraphrase:

Oh, Dakar's tastes are simple
but his methods are complex
We found him with 5 partners
each of a diff'rent world and sex
The town patrol was on its way
we had no second chance
beamed him up in the nick of time
in the remnants of his pants.

Since I don't really have a touch with verse, maybe I should send you the lyrics for Banned on Argo, and see what you could do with them?

Athera Trekkin' is a good one:

Khadrim on the starboard bow… :smiley:

originally posted by Wendy Collett

'Mother Dark' = the dark of deep space???

I found the text in GC where it says that the desert people think that Arithon is god- touched. Thanks Blue.

Wendy their goddess is Mother Darkness and as Blue said they think that shadows are her infant sons - In GC also -there was an augury cast about the arrival of shadow and the living future of the tribe.

I also found a text on PG where Jieret infers that Arithon's gift of shadow might be similar to the raven's: - "the negative absence of kindled energy that accesses the spectrum of unborn possibility"

isnt 'negative absence' a double negative… so it'd cancel itself out and become 'presence'?

You have to ask Janny that Matthew