Synopsis

originally posted by Hunter

Amazon UK has the following synopsis… no wonder Mark had his socks blown off…

Synopsis
The spellbinding final instalment of The Alliance of Light. Though Athera may be free, the fight is far from over! The heartstopping conclusion to the Alliance of Light series brings Lysaer's army of Light to besiege the great citadel of Alestron. Master of Shadow, Arithon, with barely a moment's recuperation from his victory over the necromancers, has discovered that young Jeynsa s'Valerient whom he has sworn to protect, has joined the ranks of his disowned allies within the threatened citadel. Worse, following a failed rescue attempt, his beloved Elaira, his double, Fionn Areth, and the spellbinder Dakar are also trapped within Alestron's walls. The chancy wiles of Davien the betrayer must spirit Arithon across the enemy lines to attempt a bold and perilous rescue mission. Arithon must seek the heartcore of his talent, even while embroiled in a savage battle against those he has vowed to protect. But treachery strikes from deep within the duke's ranks. Lysaer's fanatics will be unleashed to claim their bloody revenge. With the Fellowship Sorcerers in mortal danger, and all under threat from a collapsing grimward, Davien the betrayer is unable to intercede to save his colleagues and so will be forced to invoke the dire terms of an ancient and most secretive bargain. Arithon stands alone at the hour of reckoning as the true purpose of the Koriani enchantresses becomes, at long last fully, unveiled - with the covetous Prime Matriarch now poised to snatch a prize, a prize beyond that of merely integrity and life…

Wow!

originally posted by dee

WOW indeed!!! - I posted my reaction in the STATUS section earlier, Brian - have been waiting for someone to pick this up - this is going to be extra fantastic stuff - I may implode in anticipation.

originally posted by DarthJazy

That is such a tease uhhhhhhh the months to november will be long and hard indeed

Jaz

originally posted by Angus

I, for one, am not impressed. WOW?? No, my dear companions, the synopsis does not fill me with awe or even anticipation.

I was already filled with awe and anticipation, 'cause I've read all of Janny's books (yup, all of 'em, except the "Child of Prophecy" story, which should arrive any day now)and I expect WOW from the book in November. So I can't get "more" filled with awe and anticipation. This, after all, is why those of us in N.A. are paying shipping fees that are almost equal to the cost of the book so that we can read it when it's releasd.

Janny is an amazing tale spinner and wordsmith. She is not just good, she is damn good. Therefore, I know that the synopsis sent to us does not do the book justice.

This being said, any guesses from any of you who the traitor is? I am drawing a blank. Also, I am still convinced that the Boys of Alestron (the s'Brydions) are going to make this victory very costly for Lysaer, who might have old king Pyrrhus for a companion. Finally, what does our Prime Twisted Sister Matriarch really have in mind?

Fun, fun, fun!! We at least get the summer to speculate away and enjoy that, before we find out how wrong we all are.

originally posted by dee

Hi Angus - I would not argue with one word of your message. The beautiful, amazing, sharp creativity of Janny's writing is the wondrous thing - but already my daily fix (rerereading grand conspiracy currently) is already affected by the synopsis (who could turn coat??)and so I am still (happily) over-excited - so WOW, WOW and thrice WOW!!!

originally posted by Jo

Oh my Giddy Aunt, this is fantastic, although I knew it would be. Poor Arithon there is always someone turning coat on him just a thought do they turn coat because of the Koriani oath of debt? Anyway can't wait till November my husband and I will be made redundant in October but still wishing the time away.

originally posted by Blue

Okay, Hunter, pony up the Aussie bucks, you owe me a new keyboard, this one is about to short circuit from the drool, you meanie!

:smiley:

Ha Ha Ha…

Please note I didn't force you to read this, the opportunity was presented and by your free choice, you decided to read… I take no responsibility… I'm too busy cleaning out my own keyboard… :smiley:

I'm not sure why it's such an issue that Davien has to get Arithon across enemy lines… in TK, Davien just deposited Arithon on the decks of Evenstar out of thin air…

And what does an "army of Light" look like?

originally posted by Kam

Re: Hunter

Probably something to do with the fact that Alestron is a Paravian built fortress? I imagine there'd be similar wards on that structure akin to Althain or er… Ithamon… forget how you spell it.

originally posted by Laneth Shadow-Walker

Oh. My. God.

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!

Mortal Danger?!
Victory over the Necromancers?!
Embroiled in a savage battle!?
Heartstopping Conclusion!?

As if my day at work wasn't bad enough without my drooling and pathetic whimpering noises…my boss is really beginning to think there's something seriously wrong with me…

This has to be the worst kind of torture.

Tie me up and drip water on my forehead for days on end and I'll survive…but this. This is just criminal.

*sigh* But think of the warm gooey feeling once we've read the next installment.

In the nature of "Storming a Fortress", I'm getting in my car. Driving to Sydney (800-or-so kilometers) and "Storming" Mark's 'Galaxy Bookstore'…

Or not, but it's well worth considering *evil grin*

originally posted by Hellcat

BLIMEY! I wonder if amazon uk will deliver to Cambodia ??? :smiley:

Speculation:
Sooooooo traitor == Fionn (without realising the import of what he does?)

Ancient Pact Either the Compact or something to do with that suspcious looking drake-like creature on the cover.

Hellcat

originally posted by Wendy Collett

Oh, Laneth, what a good idea, yeah, it is about 900km from Brisbane. If we all timed it right, we might possibly manage to arrive at the same time to surround and distract Mark?

Maybe mutton would work with him also, with a touch of mint jelly? :smiley:

Oh, darn, I'm not sure I can afford to speculate too hard on the synopsis at the moment, on work overload, and uni exams the end of this month.

Roll on November!

Kam, had kind of forgotten the wards on Alestron. Didn't stop Arithon physically getting inside previously.

Too much Davien is barely enough… as a couple of great Australian wits once opined.

I'm not convinced Fionn Areth has the werewithal inside of Alestron to do something on that scale. I'm thinking of someone in a position of much greater authority in Alestron… Dame Dawr… she's acted independently before… and she did side with Arithon before against her grandchildren… she may do so again to force their hand…

I'm all for going to Sydney and storming Mark's store to get that copy…

originally posted by Jo

Just a thought, it is a possibility that someone thinks handing over Fionn is a good idea, this would still be betraying Arithon and could bear the fruit of Fionn's birth prophecy. We know that none of the Brydons like Fionn and they will go against Arithon (sorry for spellings) just a thought!

Jo… treachery in the Duke's ranks could indeed encompass someone tossing Fionn Areth over the walls. Or Dakar… or Elaira… or Jeynsa… take your pick!

"Lysaer's fanatics will be released to claim their bloody revenge" sounds a lot like someone opens the doors of Alestron to let them in for a bit of pillaging…

originally posted by Blue

"Claim their bloody revenge" could also be in the context of "Oh, storm the bloody castle already!"

originally posted by George

Umm dudes, join the dots. Treachery within the walls and the Koriani snatching their prize…Elaira is still bound to the Prime Matriarch. I reckon that's the clincher…

but lets wait till November to see… :slight_smile:

originally posted by Leonie

Well, I'm only three hours from Sydney, so how many of us is that so far??? :smiley:

originally posted by Laneth Shadow-Walker

Three or Four by my count! *grin*

Janny, ye don't mind if we take the whole "Stormed Fortress" and apply it to a real life setting?

We're turning Galaxy Books into Alestron, so Mark & the Staff would have to constitute the s'Brydions … I've got green-brown hazel eyes and have shoulder-length dark hair, so we have a Fionn or Arithon…(prob Fionn cos I'm 23 and still have that youthful arrogance)
I'm sure we have people for other roles…

We need a blonde dude to assist in the Storming though, so it seems genuine!