Stormed Fortress: Status Updates

originally posted by Wendy Collett

You're not alone on character names for pets, Gavin. I did have 7 neon tetra fish which I named collectively the F7.

'Did any characters' personalities stick?'

Surprisingly, they did seem to develop - there were 2 fish that were always separate to the rest and each other, I figured they were Ciladis and Davien. They carefully watched the rest of them.

However, now I only have 2 left through natural demise, so they are named Sethvir and Asandir… hope that isn't prophetic…

I have another flying fox fish whom I sure is developing into a Dakar… lazy except when food and girl-fish are around, but watches stuff around him when he feels like it.

Pre-dawn attack … just after a wild yell, hmmm…

You go, girl!

originally posted by skeoke

"Wheee"

Hurray!

Frustrating bit is over, then? You can get back to enjoying? 'Cause we all do!

Last scene, this chapter…it will be good to get this one finished…it's like the proverbial joke about the 'blonde'who's driving when she pulls up at the blinking red light…

vrrrrrroooooommmmmm! erp! vrroooooommmmm! erp! vroooooommmm! erp!!!

If my car noises aren't convincing and it went over your head, welll…

originally posted by bncaudill

Hey, I resemble that remark. :smiley:

Ok, so I'm blonde and I like blonde jokes. I hadn't heard/seen that one yet.

Beth

All right - next post will be the FINISH of this bit! (She stopped, run into the ground, with barely a few paragraphs left to go! Sheesh, the life of a writer… :smiley:

It's a wicked paradox, sometimes. You ARE doing what you want, exactly, but it can be such a prison when you are on the hate side of the love relationship.

Darned characters! Doing IT again. If I knew everything they were about, it would be BORING.

The ping in the pong is what gets to ya.

Official page count: 653.
And I've got the draft on 10, the humdinger.

originally posted by Jo

Hey Janny

I have to say I have never had a book (series) captivate me so much. Its driving me mad I keep think about what might happen and what has passed. I've finished the re-read of the series last month, I've been reading other books but they just don't do it for me (maybe its a certain character that captivates), think I will read them again. Do you reckon SF will be published by June?

The Manuscript of Stormed Fortress is due in June.

Publication date will be announced when it's turned in to Harper Collins UK.

I'm already into the next bit…

Thanks for the very nice words, Jo. Sure helps to know there are eager folks waiting when I have a chapter that went like the last one. :smiley:

originally posted by Blue

Drool!

Any chance of a peek at the cover?

Or will that be a wait and see, the author needs a break? :smiley:

No cover images to see, yet. Still drafting manuscript…

originally posted by Hunter

Only images in the mind… :smiley:

Well, I have known what the US cover would be, for years now.

12 draft pages into the subchapter and - the plot thickens…wickedly.

Soooo… are you going to tell us… :smiley:

originally posted by Neil

hmm…let me see…(unless I'm mistaken)

Fugitive Prince US cover: Arithon
Grand Conspiracy US cover: Arithon
Peril's Gate US cover: Arithon
Traitor's Knot US cover: Arithon (oh…and Davien)

So…time for someone different?

Nah…Let's stick to Arithon :wink:

And add Elaira… :smiley:

originally posted by Blue

Hear, hear, Hunter!

The ghost image of Elaira on GC was terrific, but I would not mind seeing the lady in her full glory next to Arithon.

Of course, I would not mind figuring out HOW much it would cost, and having Janny paint a romance novel-like cover.

originally posted by Trys

Neil,

quote:

Traitor's Knot US cover: Arithon (oh…and Davien)

If you want to get technical:

Traitor's Knot US cover: Arithon
Traitor's Knot US back cover: Davien

<grin>

Trys

Given that this series has been scattered between three US publishers, in its history, there is a certain hard value in INSTANT reader recognition.

Eeek! Romance style with flowing locks and heaving bosoms? Readers would have a hard time finding the book if it ended up in the Mills and Boon section… :smiley:

originally posted by neil

I'm disappointed it took me this long to realise that our Author here is showing cover favouritism…and the arc title is even "alliance of light" with not a white cloak in sight :slight_smile:

I have to say I prefer the UK covers :wink: although at this time of the evening, I'm surprised a little country like the UK merits an alternative cover albeit "in name" :wink: