Status report

originally posted by Trys

My book arrived today shipped direct from Meisha Merlin via FedEx Home.

Chad,

You are right. It is just disappointment finding an outline but this is the line that I have a problem with:

quote:

Janny says that Meisha Merlin has processed and sent out all of the pre-orders, but I only have her word on it,

Lyssabits,
quote:

I'm sorry if you felt I was inferring that you're not straight with us, or that you are projecting a false sense of trust to your audience. I think that you're playing completely straight with us, and that you're attempting to faithfully relay any information you may have to us, and I think you have very sound reasons for making the choice in publisher that you have made.

Thank you for that statement. It goes along way to mitigating the first one.

I've not had a problem with people inquiring here as to the status of the book. My problem has been the tone used. Any of you who saw it will note, the post from GOD is gone. Another one from that source will see the originating IP blocked and I would hate to have to block all of the Stanford students and personnel from posting on this board.

Trys

originally posted by Lyssabits

I didn't mean for my comment to sound like I was despariging Janny's word, perhaps I should have said, "I've only heard what Janny knows about the status of orders". I apologize for that, but I think I'm still leery of anything I don't hear right from the horse's mouth. That's all that I was trying to convey with that comment, I obviously need to work on not letting my annoyance influence my phrasing quite so much. Ah, the joys of text-only conversations.

So we can let bygones be bygones. I'm looking forward to new discussions about the content of the book.

Trys

originally posted by Ika Nurain

Hi Janny,
Listened to your radio interview with Jana Oliver…Very, VERY vital information in there, and it was extremely useful. It brings comfort to know that Meisha Merlin would really go all out for both authors and readers. They seem like a great bunch of folks =)

And thanks for posting the interview up Mr Gryphon! Mutton steak's on me *laughs*.

Cheers everyone,
Ika

originally posted by Jay_Jay

I pre-ordered my copy through Amazon.ca, and last week, suddenly realized that the book was going to ship to my old address! I hastened to the website to change it, only to find they wanted the number of the credit card it was purchased with in order to verify that I was who I claimed to be. The card belonged to my late husband and I have NO idea where it is right now (I should have destroyed it, but haven't gotten around to it yet, though I know it's in the house somewhere.)

In the course of getting this fixed, Amazon apologized for the delay and told me the book was on back-order and would ship sometime in July. :insert rolleyes emoticon: I told them that the book had ONLY just been released, and couldn't possibly be on back order already.

Anyone heard anything re. shipping dates from Amazon in the State? I would have liked to have ordered the book through the publisher, but the cost was prohibitive, over $50 Canadian, before shipping and duty were added. With Amazon.ca, I'm getting it for around $37, which is pretty much the going rate for a new hardcover up here in the land of the Maple Leaf. Oh, and they've upgraded the shipping from regular to priority, to help compensate for the wait!

Jay-Jay,

No word yet on Amazon.com shipping. They still show it as not yet released but probably because the book hasn't gotten into their computer as being in stock.

Ika,

If we ever meet I'll hold you to that mutton steak… though it might be better if it looked like a burger. <Big_Grin>

Trys

originally posted by Hefferous

I'm a new poster who has just recently found this website. I pre ordered through Amazon and on Tuesday I received an e-mail from them that stated this book has not yet been published. After it has been published, they would let me know when it was available.

Yelling at the computer screeen that it was published didn't seem to help much.

Heff

originally posted by neilw

He he some frustrated but soon to be happy readers once they have TK :smiley:

Trys, I wonder whether it's worth putting up a "moaner's topic" and then archiving it to the dustbin each day…that way people get to whinge and then feel better but no-one has to read it :smiley:

You would be contributing to the health of your board visitors. Heck since you're based in the USA, maybe one day you could be sued for not having such a topic. Do it now :smiley: Just kidding :smiley:

Some of the book selling web pages have wonderful "workflow" set ups where emails are sent automatically but even these systems can fail to work well if the underlying information system database is not correct (hmm…yes I do work in IT!)…give 'em another 5-10 years perhaps :smiley:

I recently ordered "That Way Lies Camelot" because a UK web site had stock but after 3 emails each 2 weeks apart telling me it would be "delayed unfortunately for yet another 2 weeks" I emailed them and they confirmed that the book was indeed out of stock… :smiley: I suspect I know what sort of program was running there: i) is there any stock? ii) copy message iii) add 2 weeks, et iv) voil’!send email! :wink:

Oh well…just have to nose around some second hand bookshops (or ebay) - it'll turn up when it's good and ready to arrive in life :wink:

For the MM stuff. I guess sharing too much information (because one cares about the books and the readers!) can sometimes backfire and there will always be critics :smiley:

As for me, as a very *loyal* reader I would dearly love to know exactly what additional info is contained in the Traitor's knot US version (at no extra cost) :wink:

The "Extras" added to the US version of Traitor's Knot:

Color frontispiece (a full spread of the central circle cut out used in the UK graphic, that was sliced/taken from a horizontal painting.) The hardback edition has this full spread.

At each chapter head, full page Enlarged portions of the map OR a black and white illustration taken from my Paravia Sketchbook - which ever was pertinent to that chapter…the full size map still appears, but on the endpapers, so you can "locate" the enlargement in the overall view of the continent.

An appendix with material that should clarify some particulars of Athera - - based on frequently asked questions OR more likely, frequently mistaken presumptions carried by readers, though the book actually did not state such presumptions - this appendix clarifies the following headings:

Blood Heritage of the Royal Families
Succession of Crown Candidates and Caithdeinen
Particulars of Clan Heritage
The Designate Free Wilds and Execution of the Compact

Last: ALL Meisha Merlin books are full cloth binding, and acid free paper, with a fade-proof/laminated dust jacket (in short, as Kevin puts it, "you will be dust before this book will"

Books ordered DIRECT from Meisha Merlin have a matching, full color, signed book plate that is NOT attached - that's for your preference.

originally posted by Susan

Heff- LOL!! Been there, done that!

Janny - The book is beautiful!! Please tell your contacts at MM that they done good. I love the associated chapter maps. That will definitely spare my binding as I'm always flipping back to the map to figure out where they are. This is the kind of book that makes it truly worth the extra money for the hardback. Thanks for putting up with us all during the wait.

neil,

I've come to be able to interpret the messages on Amazon.com.

Usually ships in 24 hours = it's in the warehouse

Usually ships in 1-2 hours = it's available but not in our warehouse

Usually ships in 3-5 weeks (or any other combination of weeks) = book is out of print but maybe we can find one for your.

But, no… No whinging corner on this board. I wouldn't want it perceived that I'm encouraging that. :wink: My suggestion for taking out one's frustration is a punching pillow. :smiley:

Trys

originally posted by Sandtiger

::points::

Looks like Susan's got a copy. :smiley:That means it is shipping.

Sue - where did your copy come from???

I will get mine at Bakka, which had ordered it as of the last time I checked. I imagine it'll take a bit longer to ship up here, but I do want to support my local store.

Sandtiger ::looking forward to receiving it::

-laugh-

Okay, so I hadn't read down to the next thread yet, where people were already posting arrivals.

Sandtiger

originally posted by David Lekx

Hi everyone!
Long time lurker here, awaiting my copy of Traitor's Knot with Great Excitement. I recieved a surprising email today from Amazon.ca, given that some of you have recieved your copies. They apologizied for the long wait and cancelled my order and refunded my money! Any other Canadians having similar stories?

originally posted by Annettevk

Hey David. Welcome. What part of Canada are you in? (Fellow Canadian living in the U.S. at the moment).

originally posted by David Lekx

Hi Annette, I'm in Toronto. Where are you?
- David

I'm in Toronto as well. :smiley:

And so is Jay Jay (Well, she's close enough.)

Sandtiger

originally posted by Auna

Woot!! got my copy today direct from Meisha Merlin! Nice illustrations. Now I'll just have to reread the entire series (aw shucks!) hehe.

originally posted by Wayne McCalla

All,

This is the posting on Meisha Merlin's Site:

Subject: Some comments on Traitor’s Knot’
Date: Thu 09 Jun 2005 11:11:52p

Diamond, our exclusive distributor, has shipped out all current orders for Traitor’s Knot. Most of the major accounts’B&N, Borders, Amazon.com, B&T, Ingram, Koen to name a few’have gotten their copies already. Those accounts that Diamond ships direct to individual stores have them in store and those accounts that Diamond ships to a central warehouse have received their copies and are shipping books out their specific stores. (I noted on Diamonds site tonight that there are already a few small reorders for Traitor’s Knot.)
Here at Meisha Merlin we have shipped out all preordered copies. (Some of you did not get the signed bookplate with your book. We will be shipping them out next week.)

There were several things to do concerning Traitor’s Knot that had to be done. Both here and at Diamond we considered it more important to actually ship out the books and then go and work with the different stores to correct their listing for Traitor’s Knot. All stores will have been contacted about correcting their information on Traitor’s Knot by early next week. In several cases when there are copies of Traitor’s Knot in the stores and on the shelves, the stores computers will automatically update Traitor’s Knot’s records.

Whenever any author makes a move to another publishing house there are always a few problems that crop up. Having noted those problems and made moves to correct them I fully expect there will not be any problems with shipping out Janny’s future titles.

Stephen Meisha Merlin Publishing, Inc.

originally posted by Wayne McCalla

OoPs forgot to add my comment to that post.

Most likely for the Barnes and Noble and possibly Borders it went to their distribution center(central warehouse) and not the individual stores.

Since working at BDalton 90% of books came though our distribution center. So it depends on how quickly the DC gets it out.

Wayne