**Spoiler** Arithon Questions

originally posted by George

What i want to know is how long is an 'age'? The seerers of the 7th age look back in history and examine the occurrences of the 3rd age…what is the deal there? is that like 40,000 years in to the future? or are ages determined by world changing occurrences?

The other thing i think we can imply from the prologue is that the mistwraith is eventually destroyed and so is the incursion from Marak.

originally posted by Hunter

Andrew,

Given in the Seventh Age we know the Religion of Light has survived and flourished, and that Lysaer is still painted as the "divinity incarnate" and Arithon "a servant of evil" - from the prologue - this also means that mankind is still on Athera as there is a reference to the council stair at Etarra.

If humanity is still on Athera, either they've reconciled with the Paravians or Paravian survival has been assured and the Paravians have moved on elsewhere and potentially bequeathed Athera to humanity. Paravian survival would also seem the completion of the Fellowship's purpose and they too would be free to move on, the Compact by then may be irrelevant and humanity could move as they will.

I'm wondering whether Arithon mightn't turn his attention to ensuring the survival of the Paravians, completion of the Fellowship's purpose and then exit stage left, having completed his purpose and service to Athera despite his continually harrassment by the dark cabal bent on breaking the Compact??

Whether Lysaer is redeemed or not is not especially relevant although Arithon's compassion would drive him to achieve that if at all possible to reconcile with the only blood relation he has on Athera - unless of course he uses more of his mage powers to contact people beyond the veil as he did in Kewar.

originally posted by Trys

From the map of Athera, we are seeing the Paravian continent during 'The Age of the Mistwraith'. From this I think we can extrapolate that the third age will end with the final resolution (note I didn't say defeat as I'm not willing to guess how this all resolves) of Desh-thiere. So it is likely that events trigger an age change. This might mean that one age could be significantly shorter than the next.

Trys

originally posted by Hellcat

I alway thought the ages were define by historical changes rather than timespans.

Era of The Drakes.
Then The Paravians arrive, 1st Age begins.
The Fellowship are summoned by Drake Dream, 2nd Age begins.
The remenants of Humanity arrive and are permitted to settle on Athera, 3rd Age begins.

Hellcat

originally posted by Laneth Shadow-Walker

Andrew Ginever,

Just a thought on a comment ye dropped,
I doubt it would be likely that anyone,
including Lysaer and Arithon, would be
able to even attain access to Davien's
Five Centuries Fountain as the West Gate
(?) was attuned at some stage to be a
one-way gate, (if memory serves), to allow
the security and survival of the Clans
who chose exile through the Gate.

If I remember, they left to the desert planet,
and then on through to the Splinter World,
to have the door closed behind them to all
who would wish to follow, but with the option
to return should they so wish it.

I also think that the Rauven (sp?) Mages would
have understood this.

A question for Janny, which may end up being
two:

Since the worlds past the Gates are referred
to as "Splinter Worlds", would I be right to
assume that they answer to Ath's creation, and
therefore are linked through to Athera in that
respect, henceforth allowing the Great Drakes
and the Paravians contact and 'authority' over
the lands beyond;

And what is the status of the Gates? Was my
earlier speculation on the West Gate correct,
and what of the North and South Gates, if I
remember Marak being off through the East Gate?

*sigh* That didn't come out as I'd hoped, so
maybe Janny will see through my haze as she has
so many times and reveal the answers within my
clouds…

Blessings to all,

Laneth Shadow-Walker

P.S. <b>Janny ::</b>

I read <i>somewhere</i> that ye have a poster-
sized map of Athera on your wall in your
*affix room-name where your writing is done*…

Is it possible that ye would consider ever
making this into an accessible work of art,
or even a buyable piece? I would love to have
Athera framed at my house as it seems to me
the most hospitable place for my mind from
all Fantasy worlds I've encountered…
(With Pern being a close second *smiles*)

Just thought I'd ask as I've been thinking
about it for years, and thought I'd try.
*doesn't like his chances though*

Thanks heaps

originally posted by Trys

I believe the West Gate was sealed to prevent Desh-thiere going through into the worlds beyond after the Princes were sent into exile.

As to a map of Athera, Meisha Merlin is working on the idea. There's a thread somewhere here about it. :smiley:

Trys

Laneth - You Asked - there was, very recently, a post in depth concerning the splinter worlds and the creation of the Gates by the Fellowship Sorcerers…I think your question would be well answered there…any body recall which thread?

originally posted by Brittani Pasek

Here is a question for Janny.

I was wondering if you had considered putting your books into an audio formatt or if you have where might I purchase them. I know that the text itself will always have bring an element that audio never will but it would still be really nice for those of us with seeing problems.