Sneak peek

Two days down the line, and the painting itself is progressing - there are now two layers (or two passes) made over the entire background. Time for "second pass" on the figures.

A new photo was snatched (between clouds) this morning. I'll get it processed, presently. Ready your tidbits for the gryphon…and you might see jpg # 6 in due time.

originally posted by Trys

Day 8 is up.

originally posted by Stefan Urlus

judging from the prices you quoted Janny - the works might be a tad out of my price range - DAMNIT … but then you can't win them all

but if a lotto win comes along, i think we will all find that the sketch will be heading down under :smiley:

originally posted by Blue

If a lotto win happens in this area of the world, not only would there be several sketches heading my way, but some Wurts AND Maitz originals as well…

hear, hear

originally posted by Jay_Jay

Gorgeous! Love the way the colours of Davien's clothing are echoed in the rug he's standing on.

Janny, I don't suppose there's any way the "Copyrighted Material" stamp could be moved a tad to the right, so we can see Arithon's face more clearly?

[Gets ready to offer mutton to the Gryphon…]

Jay-Jay,

The whole purpose of the copyrighted material message is to protect the artwork. I would think Arithon's face would be one of things someone might want to try and lift. As soon as there is a book cover, I'll be able to post that and there won't be the need for the watermark. Sorry.

Trys

We have (obviously) had interruption here, due to Charley - (we had shutters and a lot of loose gear in the barn, medicines, etc, that had to be lugged back out and put away) I am back on the painting as of yesterday - (Arithon now has had 2 passes, with Davien due for the same, beginning today)

I will see about catching a photo late today or early tomorrow…soon this sequential will resume.

Sorry for the interruption (wry grin).

And what an interruption it must have been … the pictures we saw here in Australia showed some pretty awful destruction …

Where the storm struck, direct, it's like a war zone - everything flattened. Where it glancingly struck, trees twisted and down, and roofs torn off.

We got missed, and are dazed by the blessing. Twenty miles is Too Close!

You see such storms on your west coast, in Australia, so I understood, one having passed just before I was there. At least with the satellite pictures, one has warning.

originally posted by Leonie

I'm now living in NSW, but the previous sixteen years were spent in the northwest of WA - basically the cyclone capital of Australia (and probably the world). The last eight years were spent in the local State Emergency Service, which meant cyclone operations in summer.

The devastation produced by one of those storms is apalling so I was glad to hear you live in an area safe from storm surge Janny. Although enormous wind speeds create devastation, storm surge is dreadfully dangerous.

Does Florida have hurricane building standards? Certainly the northwest does (cyclone in our case :smiley: ) and I've always wondered if the US follows suit.

Hope the wind didn't cause too much damage.

Leonie

Yes, there is a building code for these conditions. But 145 mph sustained winds - nothing stands with any degree of reliability.

We had no damage from the wind, except for one bit of downed flashing at the peak of the studio roof - already repaired.

Wind tore off roofs and leveled buildings. And threw trees into buildings - into the center of the state, so living inland didn't salvage, in this case. At least the storm's path was very tightly concentrated. If you weren't run over by it, you escaped the impact.

Images for day 12 and 14 are now up.

Interesting how the color brings out details… for example, the dragon [gryphon?] images directly behind Arithon looked to me like bookends, but now it is plain that they are carvings on the doors to some cabinets.

Can't wait to see this one on the finished volume!

One thing's for sure, Janny had better set her watch gryphon on her studio!

originally posted by George

I wonder if there is any reason as to why the candle sconce above Arithon is not lit, yet the one of Davien's side is…

originally posted by Dancing Tofu

I'm sure there is.

Well, Arithon might want to test his mage sight, to make sure it is working after all those years of non-use. Also, being Master of Shadow, I would imagine that he would have better than average [non-mage] night vision.

A third possibility is that Janny is toying with us, making us sweat out reasons why! :smiley:

originally posted by Dorothy

Does anyone else think Davien and Arithon bear a strong resemblance to each other?

Dorothy

Another image is up.

originally posted by Emrys

This reminds me of one of those "What is different" puzzles. I keep flipping back and forth between 2 images to try to figure out which parts Janny worked on during that time.

It's fun to watch the work develop!