Similar entities??

originally posted by Leonie

Thankyou for your kind words Blue - I was hoping to make some kind of sense and it was kind of hard to put into words. :smiley:

And sorry, Trys, forgot the spoiler bitsā€¦

Leonie

originally posted by Trys

Leonie,

No problem. The purpose of the SPOILER headers is so that no spoiler appears in the list of posts when someone does a search (i.e., registered users can seach for posts since their last search) and your post passes muster. Though the headers are a good idea. :smiley:

Trys

originally posted by Rā€™isā€™n oc

quote:

My opinion on this is that Arithon accessed the master power source, rather than asking a Paravian to do that for him.

I agree with you Hunter. I also see this as a future potential redemption for all townborn Atherians - if they learn to access the prime source - they can assist the Paravians, Clans and Ath's brotherhood with the upkeep of the mysteries, evolving beyond the materialistic nature of their society that constantly threatens the Compact.

That would be a real way out around the Compact, and maybe even release the F7 from the Drakes binding.

Davian pushed Arithon to that point. I can't help wondering if his 'version of the Havens' on the High Kings was an attempt to push Atherians towards finding the source for themselvesā€¦? I always get the feeling he wants to be free from the F7 charge. Arithon described him once as a caged bird - by freeing others, he will free himself?

Atherian Utopiaā€¦

originally posted by Hellcat

Roisin,

I've been thinking along the same lines as you, that Arithon will enlighten ALL humanity such that they can access the prime vibration with ease (possibly like Ath's Adepts do) and also withstand Paravian presence because they have reached a higher state of grace.

But then I come across a flaw, we know from the prologue that the Religon of Light is still going in the seventh age and Arithon is still believed to be evil incarnate. The idea of absolute evil does not seem to fit with the idea of forgiveness and self-redemption that comes with being in tune with the prime vibration.

I maybe making fearful asumptions here, especially as I am person who doesn't hold to any religon, but I don't see how it would be possible to justify Lysaer's crusade, the pain to Athera and loss of life it has caused, when you have a mage's knowledge of the sacred network of life.

Hellcat

originally posted by Neilw

Leonie

I don't think the "Glendian and Kyrialt" thing was out of character for Arithon. What surprised me was the 2 Melhalla barbarians' reactionā€¦

For me since Kewar Arithon has stopped blaming himself for others suffering and his personal errors/mistakes *all the time*. Davien has told him that feeling guilt, etc. doesn't really achieve much. He was ready to listen to Davien. He did not listen to Asandir (SoM: Are you guilty?)

I feel that the TK character is a "return to form" but now he has additional maturity and growing personal awareness of himself / his environment and can trust his choices again (curse curtailed). I adore his sense of humour; such a likeable person :smiley:

Hellcat, Ahem ahem from the prologue we know "diddly"!

We know that:

1) the religion of light built some temples and wrote some stuff down and Arithon got (of courseā€¦) bad press.

2) other written material indicates the contrary "Arithon was saint/mystic".

3) the 7th age sages meditated on the past to discover the truth.

I don't think we can assume that the religion is still going. I'm sure that Janny has written the prologue with utmost care :smiley:

But from the prologue Arithon/Lord of Light have become legends/mythsā€¦curious that Lysaer's name has been removed/forgotten?!?

Arithon is Davien's loaded die role / weapon to champion humanity, etc. etc. ā€¦but the current strands seem to be towns united, clan decimation, Havish receiving a military visit sooner or later. Davien is still planning other stuffā€¦presumably to free himself and the F6 from the drake bindingā€¦humans are still the main problem in the long term despite wraiths, drake spawn, grimwards, etc. And the F5 found a long term solution in COTM it seems? If not, Humanity would already be destroyedā€¦

The paravians still aren't *back*ā€¦sighā€¦

originally posted by Rā€™isā€™n oc

quote:

we know from the prologue that the Religon of Light is still going in the seventh age and Arithon is still believed to be evil incarnate.

quote:

Hellcat, Ahem ahem from the prologue we know "diddly"!

I had a laugh at this. I'd just come from my lofty rambling in the 'Royal Lines' thread, when *bang* ā€¦ Hellcat chucks a spanner succinctly at my theories, then, before all is snuffed, neatly redirected by Neilwā€¦ :smiley:

In short: good points.

In Athera's future, things are bound to be different - stasis is death.

originally posted by Hellcat

lol so did I ! I agree we know diddly and right up until the end of Arc 5 we will cotinue to know diddly.

originally posted by Hanzkaz

Wasn't there something about a conflict that lasted for 500 or 600 years mentioned at the beginning of 'Curse of the Mistwraith'? And will the Master of Shadow officially 'win' or 'lose' the war. If he's still considered a villain in the 7th Age, wouldn't the Paravians be around to put the record straight? Or does Arithon fail to fulfill his expected destiny?

I know when I started reading 'The Wars of Light and Shadow' (which was supposed to last 5 books - now 5 'Arcs'), I expected Arithon and Lysaer to have a major showdown every century or so, with one or the other being on the winning side in the decades between.

By the time I got to 'Warhost of Vastmark' I thought 'Hang on, we're still in the same century'. At the rate the story's going, it's going to take around 500 books to complete the series. Right now, I won't even TRY to predict how the series will progress. The universe and of Athera seems to get bigger and more complicated with each book. I do suspect that when the last book is done, 1) there's still going to be quite a few unanswered questions and 2) we'll be thinking 'That can't be the LAST book'.

originally posted by Trys

quote:

(which was supposed to last 5 books - now 5 'Arcs')

It has always been five arcs. At the beginning it was believed it would be possible to tell each arc in one book but that has not been the case due to a number of reasons, including cost of paper and changes in the publishing industry.

originally posted by Blue

Wasn't there something about a conflict that lasted for 500 or 600 years mentioned at the beginning of 'Curse of the Mistwraith'? And will the Master of Shadow officially 'win' or 'lose' the war. If he's still considered a villain in the 7th Age, wouldn't the Paravians be around to put the record straight? Or does Arithon fail to fulfill his expected destiny?

Hanzkaz, that is assuming that there is a SPECIFIC destiny for Arithon. His name translates as "Fate Forger" and the Centaur in Kewar talked about him "embracing the full reach and strength of his power" without ever saying exactly WHAT that power was.

There is no specific prophecy or vision that I have seen mentioned so far that gives anything like a specific fate or destiny for Arithon. As for his being a "villain", remember, this prologue was set 4 ages later. There might be only fragmentary evidence of his "villainy", the information is badly distorted by the Religion of Light, or is simply misinterpreted.

Just remember that one person's hero is another person's bum.

originally posted by Auna

I too am worried about the outcome based on that prelude because victors typically write the history. To me, that section implied 500 years of war and a predominance of Light teachings that denounced Arithon.

originally posted by Ryan Gohl

Something that I haven't seen asked yet is thisā€¦

What was the catalyst that brought up the question?

Something occured which in turn made them wish to reevaluate the past events and discover the truth.

Any specualtion on that? Not to mention, talent is still prevailent in those future times as well.