Ships of Merior on Goodreads VOTE NOW!

originally posted by Clansman

Ships of Merior is up for voting for the Fantasy Book Club's book for July, and has a narrow lead of 1 vote over some pretty good books.

If you are a member of Goodreads' Fantasy Book Club (or if not, maybe you want to become one?), drop in, join, and cast your vote. Voting ends on April 26. Here is the link:

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/32870?si=true&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pol l

Time to put our love of this series out there for the world to see!

originally posted by Alistair Clark

Voted!

FTW :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, SoM is currently tied for the lead with a Trudi Caravan book, Magician's Guild or some such. Carol Berg is nipping at the leader's heels with 13 votes.

Anyone else care to joint Alistair and me, and get The Wars of Light and Shadow a little more exposure so that the fantasy reading world can find this series and put it in its rightful place? See? I am not above using guilt!

Okay, SoM is currently tied for the lead with a Trudi Caravan book, Magician's Guild or some such. Carol Berg's Flesh and Spirit is nipping at the leader's heels with 13 votes.

Anyone else care to joint Alistair and me, and get The Wars of Light and Shadow a little more exposure so that the fantasy reading world can find this series and put it in its rightful place? See? I am not above using guilt!

originally posted by Alistair Clark

I'll try convince my girlfriend to vote :smiley:

originally posted by Trys

I just rejoined Goodreads and cast my vote. There are now 16 votes for SoM and 16 votes for Magician's Guild. Who's next?

Done :smiley:

originally posted by Wayne

Done…

Now ahead by 3…19 votes

Wayne

originally posted by Mark Stephen Kominski

Piled on, myself. 26 to 19, Ships over Magician's Guild…

originally posted by Trys

And the results are in… with 26 out of 100 votes cast, Ships of Merior has won.

For those who voted, and even those who did not, you really should consider getting involved on Goodreads, in either the Fantasy Book Club or the Beyond Reality club. There are some really good discussions there on books that most here would enjoy, not to mention, having a few more Wurts fans out in the big wide world where we can be seen (despite the warmth and coziness of this fireside chat area), will boost the series and support it so that our intrepid talespinner can keep doing what she does.

Plus, it is a fun site, and you will enjoy yourselves.

Thanks to everyone who turned out in support - please do join in on the discussion! Introduce yourselves in the thread for that, and go on and participate, it's a fun forum with pretty intelligent readers.

The discussion thread for the VOTE results is up, you are free to comment.

Note: here's how it works.
The books are read a month PRIOR to the start of discussion. During that period, there will be a roll call thread posted for you to 'check in.' Readers read this thread - to gage level of interest. YOu can post no spoilers though genearl 'liked it'/or opinion posts are OK.

When the discussion kicks off, there will be a whole folder - with discussion threads and non spoiler threads. Anyone may start a thread.

LOTS of lurkers check these discussions out - so anything you say will be reach many readers. New readers check in all the time - always looking to expand their horizons. If you recommend titles to them, please, take note your recs fit their preferences.

You are encouraged, too, to register, rate, and review your books - you can ALSO post liked it/or didn't comments on a review - participation like this raises the profile of that review and puts it UP in the review stack. You can also comment on any review - any way you like, if you agreed, didn't agree, etc.

Good Reads is the largest book forum on the internet (according to a comment in SFWA). I've been a member in good standing there for over 2 years. Show your party manners, please. :smiley:

Also - there was a prior discussion of Curse of the Mistwraith last July in the Fantasy Book Club - feel free to add to that! The club has grown by leaps and bounds - and new members check in every single day.

Your opinions count.

I just read a very scary statistic, that, though for gaming, is likely quite typical: that one popular internet game received only 270 thousand retail sales (read legit players) vs 40 MILLION ripped off bootleg downloads…never has your honest dollar counted more, so support the books you love - all of them.

The Fantasy Book Club has already posted a 'roll call' thread for Ships of Merior's upcoming discussion. (They have done this a touch earlier than usual in an effort to get more participation/readers within the club).

Do, please, go post if you plan to participate - NO SPOILERS! - but comments here (liked/didn't/and why) help readers who are new or not familiar with the series to decide whether to give it a try.

There was a Curse of the Mistwraith discussion in the topics downpage - anyone can participate there!

This is a great opportunity to engage with a nice community of fantasy enthusiasts - come along and join in!

(The book will actually be read in June and actively discussed in July - it really helps if the roll call thread is active throughout) Thanks!

And - there are active discussions now on other titles - ye who loved Gardens of the Moon, American Gods, Brent Weeks and Peter Brett - those discussions are ongoing now, and most of them have scheduled Author Visits. (Guy Kay visited last month and it was a superb treat - you can read his responses under discussion for Song for Arbonne, downpage)

A warm thanks for all who are working the GR discussion - this apparently is the first series EVER where a book II made the vote!

What a lovely trend to set! Stay tuned…