Reins of Destiny

There will be a new Athera short story forthcoming!!! It's fully official, and now, Reins of Destiny gets its own thread.

Solaris books is publishing a fantasy anthology - here's the information.

http://www.solarisbooks.com/books/newbookfantasy/newbookfantasy.asp

originally posted by Sandtiger

Ooooh!!! Congratulations, Janny!

Jana

originally posted by Theresa

Janny - picked up my copy of the Solaris anthology this evening, and I just finished Reins of Destiny. Very, very nice little glimpse into Atheran history. And I'm truly shocked to be the first one mentioning having this book in hand! Usually, this black hole is the last to get good stuff. Hurray for B&N for both getting it and calling me to say my copy was in. :smiley:

Oh, and because it must be said–and I'm still digesting all I read–Stormed Fortress was brilliant!

–Theresa

Hi Theresa - way cool, the anthology's out??? I don't have my copy, yet. Did it look nice?

Nice to see you back here - glad Stormed Fortress did its job! And Happy Thanksgiving.

Such a nice group, here and so many blessings to count.

My Solaris shipped out on the 15th… hopefully the Postal Service hasn't lost it!

(no spoilers)

Just finished the story… It provides a tantalizing glimpse at events that, until now, have only been hinted at in glossaries. Tragically it was over far too soon, but I do enjoy these little side trips into the WoLaS world!

originally posted by Mark Timmony

Oh yes Janny, we've had the book in store for a week now (I will be reading the short story directly!).

originally posted by Neil

Without spoiling, can anyone tell us the general subject matter or period of history? *grin*

The story takes place in Third Age 5018 somewhere in Havish… :wink:

originally posted by Trys

Reins of Destiny was just added to the Maitz & Wurts Studio Shop as an e-publication. The direct link is https://www.paravia.com/StudioShop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_41_42&p roducts_id=143. Enjoy

originally posted by Annette

Thanks Trys.

The cover is nice. Looking forward to seeing the cover for Child of Prophecy, maybe it might have a gryphon on it.