Quick Question

originally posted by Arend

Can I follow up on Roisin's question? What exactly is being distorted? The ways in which the F7 and K interact or perceive the world?

originally posted by Laurence J Johnson

Hello Janny, I would also like to understand what you mean by the angle of distortion! Cheers from Laurence.

Laurence - You Asked (general note: unless you specifically address the question to me, I presume it's for the general board – so as not to intimidate or short circuit a free discussion)

The Fellowship Sorcerers are not free - they are "bound" by the charge laid on them by the Dragons. However much they might UNDERSTAND balanced m/f energy, they have a purpose driving them. They stay within certain boundaries - but must break them if Paravian survival is compromised.

The Koriathain are women - but - in their intent to "nurture" they have taken an artifically imposed stance - a "belief" that certain things are overridingly important - human life and human growth takes precidence over nature, and to enact that "ideal" - their system runs by coercion…they use direct force to effect the changes that fall under their "creed" - therefore, their energies are chauvanistically distorted toward the masculine where heirarchy prevails, and will co-opts free choice and holistic cooperation.

Ath's adepts work in balance - allowance and will work in harmony and ALL things have their place - distorted or otherwise.

originally posted by Laurence J Johnson

Hello Janny, thanks for the explanation, most of it I had already realised, but not the part about the women's energies being distorted!

Ath's adepts are well clued in!

Cheers from Laurence.

originally posted by max

Janny, if you ever get time, could you put sketches of the ring Lysaer wears with Tyson's crown blazon, on the sketch page?? I love the painting of 'Alithiel'. Your wonderful sketches are so detailed and crisp. It's a pleasure to view them for references even. Hope to one day see renditions of all your most important characters. I have picture in my mind of course but all are cloudy and blurred. Please consider this a light request only not dying for this. I would hate to have you throw this on the floor swearing and saying "See!! They are never happy!!" I am happy!! Just if you ever get bored just sitting there painting and typing and talking to editors, you know, Quiet Time. [grinning at ya]

originally posted by R’is’n

Janny - thanks very much.

I get what you mean by feminine energies being distorted to the point where it becomes masculine/hierarchical.

I just had an experience of it In Real Life as they say. A very pro-feminist woman, single mother to of a daughter, active in women's groups and often championed minority rights and issues, got a senior position to run a team of women.

As a manager, she became incredibly dictatorial and aggressive and ended up suppressing the female staff with an abusive style of 'leadership' whilst remaining sweet as anything to more senior staff, and to the male assistant.

It was really sad to see because the women, who were really good at their work, chose to find new jobs, and so a really good, dynamic team was broken up.

So, she ended up repeating a patriarchal pattern that fell short of her ideals of feminism, and didn't promote women's success in the work-place.

originally posted by Auna

My mom had to deal with that also and is going to end up being the new leader to salvage the group.

originally posted by Trys

max,

I've moved your post to the Traitor's Knot Spoiler topic. :smiley:

Trys