Quick Question

originally posted by Konran

umm… welcome? ^^;;

originally posted by Rurack

Well ther are a couple things, and i hope I am remembering corectly, there are other s'Ilessid's through the world send gate. So Lysear, to a degree was thought as expendable. They were still planning to give Lysear kingship when the happy group lead by Kingmaker stopped by Althain. Then they cast strands. But The main reason the F7 want Arithon to be king is that he is the center of the "Back rose" no Arithon no Pavarians, in fact they die out, and the F7 is never restored to seven. Which brother would you pick. Oh wait a second the F7 can't pick they are BOUND BY DRAKE OATH to se to the survival of the pavarians.

And Konran if I remember corectly in Fugitive Prince a certain s'Brydion had to break Arithon's leg to keep him from going to Tysan to stop the firing of Riverton "because inocents would suffer and die" No the part I am remebering said that Dakar had a revalation while this was going on that the curse had warped his morality and especially his compasion.

At least I think that is how it went. I might be wrong…now where did I put my copy of FP i know it is around here somewhere *grumbles to himself*

originally posted by max

Rurack,… thank you! that was the answer to my question. The F7 is bound by oath to paravian survival and so Arithon HAD to be sanctioned for king. It is often amazing how the smallest detail answers the question! thanks

originally posted by Trys

Arithon HAD to be sanctioned for King so long as the F6 continue to believe that their chosen method of human governance is correct. Given that there are some indications that Davien disagrees with this belief there may have been another option for Arithon that would also help to ensure Paravian survival but I suspect until we know more about Davien's alternative we won't know what that choice was. However, I'd be willing to bet that Sethvir and Asandir know full well what Davien's alternative is.

Trys <– playing devil's advocate.

originally posted by Rurack

max np

and Trys play the devil's advocate all you want I agree with you. I have said before I think Davien is not the demon everyone seems to make him

originally posted by HJ

Another quick question for Janny,

I was just wondering, with the earlier talk in this thread about all the ages of Athera's history, if - a few years down the line when WoLaS is finally completed - you may ever consider revisiting earlier periods and writing any 'prequel' novels about what has come before on Athera?

Many thanks

x HJ

HJ - this is a possibility - already visited in a short story anthology - there's a backhistory fragment in Masters of Fantasy out from Baen Books, edited by Bill Fawcett.

originally posted by skeoke

Is that the peice on the caithdein's daughter?
(Sorry, I have no references to hand - and my brain seems to be temporarily fogged out.)

Any chance we will ever see a discussion between 1/F7 and a drake in the early years?

Granddaughter. On F7/drake/early years - always a chance. Verrain's early history is another…

originally posted by max

May I ask, Janny, when Arithon and Lysaer were attacked by the Mistwraith at Ithamon, I percieved that Lysaer had poured too much of his life force into defending and that is why he lost conciousness. Why did Arithon also lose conciousness? Physiologically speaking, was the Mistwraith killing them and how was it doing this? [If you want you can say "it was magic, all right!?"]

originally posted by Dorothy

Please please please a story of Verrain's early history! I can't really explain why here as it would constitute a spoiler (possibly),but he is such a wonderful character.And I've got a feeling I know who he was trained by.I hope that doesn't sound presumptuous of me, Janny. :smiley:

Dorothy

originally posted by Hannah

Dorothy, I think it's been said in the books/glossary that he was trained by Luhaine.

max - you asked.

Arithon had wardings up - and the attack by the Mistwraith cut through - for that short period before Asandir showed up, it was 'inside' his defenses - he was fighting for his life, on an energetic level - the wraiths can feed on life force. When they do, they get stronger.

Diffused in the fog, over all of Athera, the effect was also diffused (there were not enough wraiths to choke a whole planet, Traithe cut off South Gate before enough got through - Athera's infestation was never as deep as Marak's). As the fog was reduced, the wraiths were concentrated into the area over Ithamon. You will recall, that in this attack, the wraiths "tipped their hand" - displayed traits not seen by the other members of the Fellowship.

There is a greater thread at work here - I can't tell you any more at this stage of the story's development - you'll have to read and see.

originally posted by Dorothy

Oh dear-thanks for that info' Hannah. Suffice it to say I was miles off in my hunches! :smiley: I wonder if I'm miles off in where this story is going (lol).Well at least Verrain hasn't picked up the didactic mannerisms of his teacher :smiley: He seems such a gentle soul, I thought Ciadis had had a hand in his tuition. Then again the marked contrast between Asandir and Dakar should have given me some indication.(grin).
Which gives rise to another rumination-how much have the 7 changed over the years? Did Asandir see a younger version of himself in Dakar? And should I post so late at night after 2 glasses of wine?

Dorothy

originally posted by max

Janny, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Actually that answer should have occured to me, but sometimes searching deep means missing what was in front the whole time.

Janny,

I had a quick question that randomly popped into my brain this afternoon. Maybe (probably) you can answer it off the top of your head…

How old was Elaira when CotM began–or, more accurately, when Lysaer and Arithon arrived on Athera. Lysaer was 24, and Arithon was 22. (It always seems strange to think of Arithon as the younger brother, since he seems much more in the way of a wiser, protective older brother type.)

Thanks, in advance.

Hannah - You Asked.

Elaira was born in Third Age Year 5617.
The half brothers arrived on Athera in 5637 (autumn).She would be barely 20, given her birthdate was sooner than that arrival.
Her longevity binding occurred in 5644.

Thanks!

originally posted by R’is’n

Perhaps someone has asked this already, Janny, but I'm curious, why did you decide that the F7 would be an all male group? And the Koriani, all female?

I've wandered along the lines of narrative devices, creating a balance of female/male story energies etc…? The fulcrum of which is represented by Ath's Brotherhood?

Or am I just WAY off.

Roisin – You Asked. It's less a matter of the balance of masculine and feminine energies, as the angle of distortion.