Question about your music Janny?

originally posted by Cheryl Detmer

Hi Janny, my husband asked if you had written music and I told him you had but I couldn't remember what instruments you play or what kind of music you write. He asked me and I just didn't remember how to answer. I know you play the bagpipes wonderfully and wondered what other instruments you play? I think I remember you had a CD out but don't remember for sure. My husband asked and then I got curious about it. I'm sure there's somewhere on the site more about it too that I have overlooked. Thanks Janny.

Hi Cheryl -

I mess about with playing guitar, mandolin, hammered dulcimer, and I own a wire strung harp that I have yet to pursue in the depth I'd like.

I've played pretty serious bagpipes, and hand in hand with that, Don gave me an indoor version called a shuttle pipe.

I have no cd out. I have done (in the past) some live performing.

The ONLY published piece of the music I've written is for pipes: it's a Scottish dance tune called a Strathspey - and it's printed in a collection of piping music titled The Grand Altogether Collection by Roderick W. MacDonald. It's the piece called Janet Robertson of Gargunnock, named for one of my mother's ancestors.

originally posted by Cheryl Detmer

Thanks Janny, I'll pass that to my husband. We just got to wondering about it. Thank you.