Question about cipher

originally posted by Catherine Britt

Hi Janny

Rereading FP. Could you, if it is possible, explain if the cipher of prime dominion used by the Koriani similar or exactly the same to the one of the bindings that the necromancer used to shackle Arithon?

Interesting INTERESTING question. (grin).

You'll see.

originally posted by Catherine Britt

Thanks Janny

originally posted by Hunter

Or indeed whether the possession that the Mistwraith has grown by is similar at all to how souls/spirits are sucked into the necromancers' web?

originally posted by Catherine

Hunter

Can you describe what you mean?

originally posted by Hunter

We know the Mistwraith grew by possession. There is the graphic portrayal of the free wraiths chasing Sethvir around in Althain tower trying to possess him. We know the Mistwraith is a myriad of souls, all driven mad yet not insane, voraciously seeking (something?) but ultimately seeking to devour souls… the graphic description of Arithon's possession at the end of TK was his soul being sucked into the necromancers' web, another subsumed soul adding to the great milieu.

There are differences - both the necromancers and the Koriani have a prime power directing them as in a single master with many slaves to his/her will. The Mistwraith appears, from what we know, to have no such guiding individual, rather like the Sathid crystals of the Cycle of Fire, the Borg of Star Trek fame or other collective consciousnesses, the Mistwraith appears (and I mean appears as there is clearly lots we don't know yet) to be a collective entity of myriad individuals of a common purpose. So… at what point when a soul is forcibly subsumed into the Mistwraith does it lose it's humanity (?) and take on the viciousness of the wraith?

As an aside, we know Paravians died fighting the Mistwraith. It seems beyond comprehension that a Paravian could be subsumed into the Mistwraith. Indeed, I wonder if the human defenders at Earle who died at the initial incursion and subsequent defense are now part of what is contained in Rockfell? Seems rather likely.

originally posted by Catherine

Quote: at what point when a soul is forcibly subsumed into the Mistwraith does it lose it's humanity (?) and take on the viciousness of the wraith?

Struggling to grapple with an answer to what you have said. My stroke 20 months ago has limited my cognitive skills somwwhat. You can almost see the viciousness of the wraithlike qualities in the brothers when the curse dominates. Maybe that is what the curse is - a momentarily loss of their humanity, which periods increasingly get longer until revenge and malevolence is all there is. In total possession maybe people with weaker charcters succumb to possession quicker.

Quote: wonder if the human defenders at Earle who died at the initial incursion and subsequent defense are now part of what is contained in Rockfell? Have you read the Child of Prophecy?

originally posted by DarthJazy

I found a snip it in PG when Arithon is going through Kewar tunnel. I was wondering if this may be a hint as too the mist wraiths true name.

He was reliving the battle to trap the MistWraith and trying to protect Lysaer

" Elaira grasped after the memory, concerned an impression of vital importance had somehow escaped her awareness. But she lost the ephermeral sense of its essence."

What did she miss? any ideas or should i start a new thread for this?

originally posted by Neil

this rang a bell :wink:

https://paravia.com/cgi/discus/show.cgi?tpc=15&post=33786#POST33786

I think that Elaira may(?) have been close to seeing the wraith as of human orign.

originally posted by DarthJazy

Neil:

It seems we are on the same page. I think the curst within Lysaer perhaps may hold the best chance to name the beast and set it free to ath's grace.

The curst is now so embedded into Lysaer that it may be the best chance to study the wraith safly.

Another thought is wouldnt Tailith (forgive misspelling) of the F7 be able perhaps to see his other pieces of self in the warith and perhaps call the name?

One book left to read on my reread hehe starting TK today