Publication date?

Hi John Parsons, I don't have that information, yet. I will have to inquire…normally they would release the trade paperback and the hardbound all at once, but this time (with the US release involved) it could be different.

originally posted by Kirsten Laurelle Wallace

Thanks, Sleo. :smiley: I think i will get them that way as well then. It'll be nice to be able to read the books without having to carry them around.

originally posted by Nicole Silvester

Hi Janny,

Since the discussion has turned to hard copy versus ebook, I was wondering what format is more profitable for the author? Hardback, paperback or ebook?

I would think the author should get the same amount from each sale - a book is a book, after all. But I'm guessing it's not as simple as that.

Nic

Hi Nicole Silvester - welcome here!

I do fine with the royalty in e book format, no worries there. A sale is a sale - while I appreciate your asking, truly - whatever makes you happy makes me happy, too. So get the format you prefer as a reader, first!

originally posted by Annette

I pre-ordered the hardback version from fishpond, they had a nice price, free shipping in Australia, and a 27th Oct release date. Booktopia for some weird reason only has the paperback version available for pre-order, they are hedging their bets and have gone for a 28th Oct release date. I will still see if I can get the trade paperback version from an actual real local bookshop, but so far none around here will let me pre-order it.

Thanks, Annette - the very fact you are asking your local book shop to pre order this early - that mention and enthusiasm on your part - is drawing that title and the series to their attention. Books that are in demand by customers will get stocked at best, and won't slip under the radar. :smiley:

originally posted by Daryl Bamforth

Wonder why in the UK release for PB is oct, HB is Nov. Do I wait for HB or get PB and have it read by time HB is out… decisions decisions :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Daryl Bamforth - welcome here!

As far as I know: the release date is Oct 27th, with no exceptions - hardback and paperback, simultaneous.

If you've seen a different listing, it would help to know where…

originally posted by Trys

amazon.co.uk lists the HC as Nov 27, 2011 and the PB as Oct 27

amazon.com lists the HC as Oct 27, 2011 and PB as '2010'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wars-Light-Shadow-Initiates-Trial/dp/0007362129/ref=sr_1 _2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306507936&sr=1-2

Scroll down and under product details

# Hardcover: 544 pages
# Publisher: Harper Voyager; Library ed edition (27 Nov 2011)

originally posted by Clansman

Amazon.ca (Canada) lists the paperback as August 26, 2011, and the hardcover as November 26, 2011.

If I pre-order from the Canuck amazon, I'll have the rest of you beat by two whole months!!! (yeah, right. And there's some swampland in Florida going reeeeeeal cheap).

Well - this whole 'listing' thing has me pulling my hair…I have NO idea. So much false information and conflicting information seems to be floating about.

If ANY dates have been changed from what I was first told, I am not in the loop.

I will send an e mail to my editor and request a clarification…

You know you would get bored and give up if it was all too easy :stuck_out_tongue:

Could have sworn Booktopia had the trade paperback up for the 28th Oct, but they have removed it now. Fishpond has it for 27th Oct, that was where I first noticed the altered stormed fortress cover.
http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Initiates-Trial-Janny-Wurts/9780007362127?cf=3

And of course they very annoying say it is the fourth and final story arc. They liked both blurbs for the book so just to please everyone, use both. They seem hopeful and have also reserved space for the eBook and Audio Book formats as well.

I just assumed everyone Harper Collins like would get it on the 27th and the Americans and everyone else would wait till it was imported by another publisher. The actual physical bookshops at least down this end of Australia do not yet have it on their systems, will not till around August, be interesting to see what date they receive from the publisher. I have not seen Initiate's Trial on the Australian Harper Collins site yet.

Angus & Robertson have it listed for 1st Jan 2012, again using the altered Stormed Fortress cover. But their very famous chain of stores will probably not even exist by Oct, they have till September to find a buyer or go out of business, most stores will not last till September.
http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/book/wars-of-light-and-shadow-initiates-trial-f irst-book-of-sword-of-the-canon/3146/

They at least edited the original blurb to be less of a spoiler.

originally posted by Hunter

I kept having this image of Janny doing a Mr. Incredible impersonation (after multiple "are we there yet?" questions…) - "It'll get released WHEN IT GET'S RELEASED!!"

A&R website seems to stop their blurb mid-sentence.

I do note as a side issue that Dymocks on line lists a lot of books as having the title "Alliance of Light". I do recall asking them to change these errors… to no avail it seems.

Confirmed by the editorial desk:

OCT 27, 2011

Let's see if it gets sorted out.

Thanks for trying to sort out the confusion with the dates Janny.

Hope fully when the Australian Harper Collins site puts their blurb for the book up they will not make the same mistake as the UK site.
http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/34556/initiates-trial-janny-wurts-97800072 17823

They should just change the discription to the fourth and most exciting story arc yet, instead of saying it is the final story arc. Cannot blame the retailers for saying it is the last arc, when the publisher gets it wrong. :frowning_face:

Considering we have so long to wait for all those mysteries to be explained in the final book, providing a full list for the series indicating how many are yet to come might be an idea. Then fans will know for sure and keep an eye out for the last book.

originally posted by Daniela

When I prebought the book it said Oct 27 - now it is saying Jan 1. Did it get pushed back?

originally posted by Daniela

Okay that is funny - right after I posted Amazon sent me a note saying the release date was pushed back so my book will be delivered later. Is that across the board? If I can get it earlier from another country I will consider cancelling this one.