New Interactive Map of Paravia

originally posted by Trys

I've just added a new feature to the website, an interactive map of the continent of Paravia. It is available as a top level item in the menu and the first page is instructional with a link at the bottom to get to the actual map.

To enhance the enjoyment and maybe enable everyone to have a little fun, please feel free to report, in this thread, the places that you find.

Be aware, some of them are not so easy to locate. <weg> For this reason please refrain from reporting where you found something so as to not ruin the fun for others. :wink:

I'll keep track of those found and let you know when the last has been located.

Enjoy!!

Trys

originally posted by Blue

All RIIIIGGHHTT!! :smiley:

I hope this does mean we'll still be getting a large size paper map we can order and pin to the walls?

I'll need something to refer to if the power goes out…

originally posted by Dorothy

Trys-a million thanks! It's absolutely fantastic. Now to find time to look at it! Christmas has come early for me.

originally posted by Ika Nurain

Thanks Mr. Griffon! The steak I still owe you is still on me *laughs* Take care everyone.

~ika~

originally posted by neil

What a nice surprse Trys. A really good idea!

originally posted by Joy

Try, you are the best!

The interactive map is one big playground for WoLaS fans - it will be a great resource when re-reading the books.

I just had a quick peek around but my favourites are places with sketches attached to the pop-up… the ones I got to are: Methisle, Alestron, Kelhorn Peaks and Rowelle. Thanks again!

Joy

Glad everyone is enjoying the map.

So that we are all speaking the same language, when you indicate that you found a pop-up, could you identify it by the title of the pop-up… to avoid confusion for me. :smiley:

Trys

originally posted by Hannah

What fun! Can't wait for my family to leave so I can explore in depth!

So lovely to be able to zoom in "to the max".

originally posted by Iain

Aldruin
Alestron
Althain Tower
Araethura
Athir
Avenor
Baiyen Gap
Bittern Desert
Caith-al-Cain
Capewell
Cildorn
Crater Lake
Cruik Bridge and Gannisten Light
Daon Ramon Barrans
Desert of Sanpashir
Dier Kenton Vale
Erdane
Ettara
Falgaire
Forthmark
Halwythwood
Hanshire
Havens
Highscarp
Innish
Ithamon
Ithish
Kalesh
Kewar Tunnel
Lanshire
Marker Stone at Daenfal Lake
Merior
Meth Isle Fortress
Mirthlvain Swamp
Narms
Peaks of Tornir
Quaid
River Tal Quorin
Rockfell Peak
Sanshevas
Scarpdale
Strakewood
Thembrel's Oak
Taerlin
Telmandir
Thaldein Mountains
The Ribbon Falls and Khadrim; Teal's Gap, Tysan
Tirans
Vastmark
Vhalzein
Werpoint
West End
West Gate

Thee are still eleven places to find. :smiley:

originally posted by Hunter

Alland
Carithwyr
Corith
Falls at Lind's'Teir
Kieling Tower (wasn't there five Compass point towers? Daelthain fell at the time of Marin Eliathe's murder…)
Leynsgap
Pass of Orlan
Sanpashir Desert
Shale Corries at Torris Tavie
White Haven

That's ten… one more to go…

Sanpashir was previously reported so… there are two left. :smiley:

originally posted by YT

Hmmm… I'm surprised no one has finished this off yet, considering it's been up for a year and a half.

So, I took a bit of time to hunt down the remaining two locations:

1. Jaelot
2. Harbor and Ruin - Corith

Hunter already identified Corith. It's been so long since I put this up I'm going to have to spend a little time to make sure they've all been found. :smiley:

Trys

originally posted by Chirogeoff

Trys or Janny,
What are the units of measurement on the map?
Thanks
Geoff

If I recall correctly, the map is in leagues, with 3 miles to one league.

originally posted by Chirogeoff

Thanks Brian, so that's what, 4.8 km to the league. Cool
Geoff

originally posted by Joshaylan

Talking about the map, has anyone else wondered about the section that borders Melhalla, Rathain and Havish?, it is even close to the Tysan border at one point?. It seems odd as the kingdom borders actually go around this area.

Also wondered about the fact that Rathain has two world send gates, But Tysan and Shand have one each leaving Havish and Melhalla without a gate. Cannot be by accident so what could be the significance.

originally posted by Clansman

Janny was asked about this on another thread, as I recall. She cackled with glee and wouldn't tell us, so we are left guessing until IT comes out (or, perhaps Destiny's Conflict, or Song of the Mysteries).

We'll find out, some day. SOME DAY SOON!

originally posted by Annette

I am not expecting to discover who takes up residence in the middle of the map till near the end of Destiny's Conflict, or even the start of Song of the Mysteries. So might not be soon if we have to wait till the last book. Janny has not mentioned where she is up to on Destiny's Conflict yet, but I am not counting on seeing it in anything under 2 years, probably it would take longer.

It would be nice if the grimward near Cainford could be put on the interactive map.