NaNoWriMo

originally posted by Konran

OMG, I'm frickin' insane. I just signed up for NaNoWriMo, aka National Novel Writing Month. You start writing on November 1st, and by November 30th, you must have written a 50,000 word novel (which mathematically works out to about 1667 words per day at minimum). Anybody else feel like joining the madness? ^^;;

www.nanowrimo.org

Snort!! You think you're getting Stormed Fortress on this schedule, hah!!

Now, to blitz into another one off story…how many lynchers would be standing in line with a nice handy rope and an oak tree?

originally posted by Konran

^^;; Nobody is expecting any of the NaNo participants to write like Shakespeare (or you, Janny… *grin*). The point is to churn out those 50,000 words, just to prove to yourself that you can. They don't care about quality, it's the quantity that counts, and that takes off a lot of the pressure on us poor crazy writers.

originally posted by Phil

Thank god for cut and paste

originally posted by Hannah

I've participated in the last two NaNo's, but this month, well, I'm starting out the month working 12 hour days for one week, and then going to Texas the second week, so… unfortunately the timing doesn't work out. I'll miss those hi-larious encouraging notes from the staff though.

Good muses to all participants!

originally posted by Hunter

Rope and tree depends on whether one-off story impacts Stormed Fortress release?

originally posted by Memory

I'm already madly writing 2000-word essays every three days (2 days of reading, then 5 hours straight writing). Much as I'd love to spend my time novel-writing, I think that at this point it would kill me :wink: Good luck with it, though, Konran.

Memory

originally posted by Auna

Wow, that's a lot of words in a short timespan. Good luck and have fun!

originally posted by Beldarius

Anybody intending to try and take part in Nano this year? I've never tried this before in my life and I figured it would help me restart an old story of mine.

I've got part of the plot planned out already, I only need to write it… thing is, I came up with the plot seven years ago. I never got to writing it since our old PC crashed and took the whole thing down with it. :\

PS. I actually started two stories that same year. The first one I've actually already written (and am in the process of rewriting it), but this second one was never even started.