Last of Her Kind

My short story for FANTASTAIC COMPANIONS, edited by Julie Czerneda and out from Fitzhenry and Whitside is about to release in Canada – and will be out in the USA later this summer.

I am currently reading the other submissions in the author's copy I received, and I have to say, the story quality is very very high.

Cheer for Julie Czerneda's superb editing - his anthology has been nominated for an Aurora Award (I am told, Canadian version of our Hugos, roughly.)

A loud round of applause for the editor and authors - made me grin all day, when I heard this. I am pleased to be part of the team.

originally posted by HJ

Hurray! Lots of cyber clapping!!

originally posted by Mark Stephen Kominski

Anyone know if this is available in hardcover (or for that matter, what the difference is between paperback and "soft cover")?

Sorry for the double-post…I do have an idea what soft cover might be, just looking to see if anyone has a definitive description.

Soft cover would be trade paperback/ the large format.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. Thank you, Madam Tale-Spinner. Trying to find Julie Czerneda's Fantastic Companions book in hardback; it's proving elusive!

originally posted by Annette

First edition is the paperback version, so I doubt there was ever a hardcover released.

Book Depository still has copies for sale.

Thanks Annette. Used to be one could hope for a Book Club Edition in Hardcover when the initial was soft, but no longer. Several places had the softcover, but I'll give Book Depository a look, and appreciate the tip. :wink: