Keeper of the Keys

originally posted by LordGrimm

If I recall correctly, that was the first series I ever read by Janny. Strangely enough, upon reading Curse of the Mistwraith, I couldn't find any connection to the previous novel as per a certain writing style. Most authors seem to stick to a certain writing style, regardless of the storyline, but with Janny it's as if two people wrote two different series.

originally posted by Kitsune

I dunno: I don't think they're as dissimilar as you think.

IMO, WoLaS has a somewhat richer, more compelling narrative, but I remember liking Cycle of Fire very much, and it was what prompted me to seek out other of Janny's works.

originally posted by Konran

I just finished KotK and now I NEEEEED the next one. T_T Need… money… must… buy… books… I love Taen, she's so neat. I wish I was a Dreamweaver… *sulk*

Ah, so you don't have the US omnibus edition, where all three books are under one cover… :smiley:

Nooooo… I SAW that one in the bookstore, but I only had the money for the single paperback… believe me, I was tempted! :smiley:

originally posted by James Horton

Just out of curiosity is there any plans to ever go back and do a follow up to the story in that as much as I love wondering I would be interested if they ever settled the peaceful universe or whether Jaric succumbed to the power.

I often wondered about how Anskiere had to get his powers on the basis jaric were based on the creature being buried and then burnt how was wave and water done?

originally posted by Trys

James,

Janny has indicated that has the idea for a fourth book that would titled, Star Hope that takes place after Shadowfane and I think she indicated that it is Anskiere's story.

Trys

I went to the bookstore today (was out shopping spending a bit of my paycheck!!) and found Shadowfane. You can bet I snatched that up so fast it looked like it disappeared off the shelf. :smiley:

originally posted by Susan C

I just found the Omnibus Edition in my local library. It is at a different branch of my library so I have put in a request.

originally posted by Sophia-Christina

I am hoping she follows up the Cycle of Fire series the way it ended left the reader thinking that Jaric Taen and Anskierre had more work to do out in space and I would love to read that adventure I guess in the mean time I will have to try another of her series though Taen Jaric and Anskiere and tamlin aka set nav really have me tide to their story lol