I'm not perfect but I'm so close it's scary....

originally posted by Matthew

Wisdom i believe. If you have the books check the glossary for s'ELLESTRION, that was the royal line's name.

originally posted by DarthJazy

The name isnt even listed in the glossary. Thank you i have been tryign to figure this out for 2 weeks.

Another thought, is it even possible for Arithon to become possessed by the wraiths anymore? He was able to stop something similar happening with the necromancers…

oh and if the wraiths couldn't cross the tower wardings at Ithamon why would the Paravians flee from them? (its been awhile since iread CoTM so i could be wrong about that.) If it was only the sunlight being blocked out which made them flee they should have returned… so maybe they knew something worst would follow. That said, they never backed down from fighting the drakespawn, it seems odd that they wouldn't face the wraiths.

Can the paravians cross through the gates like humans have? if they can they'd be able to flee from the darkening skies by using a gate to some sunny paradise.

5 virtues, 5 towers, 5 sided chambers, 5 world gates? maybe the fifth is in that unplotted part of land on the map? it's almost central on the continent, is that significant?

originally posted by DarthJazy

I don't think the paravians have truely left athera. We have already seen that the missing Sorcerer is still on athera sleep somewhere. I think the paravians are simply hiding to await some unknown incident to happen before they reapear and pass judgement on mortals.

We know Davien journeyed to a splinterworld and created the five century fountain… so magic worked there. Maybe there could be another world out there that has the right vibrational harmony to support Paravian life? just because ciladis is still on athera with 1 paravian guardian doesn't necessarily mean they all are. Maybe he found out they left but they didnt want the fellowship to know so they made him sleep? hm we shall see…

Like ive said before i've only got the last two books atm, so if anyone comes across anythign which indicates theres more then 1 paravian still around let me know :smiley:

originally posted by Blue

I don't think it is necessarily the case that the Paravians have LEFT Athera, they have simply made themselves hard to find. Perhaps they have done something to place themselves a half step into the future, much like the Mistwraith was described as doing? This way, if someone was close to finding them, they have plenty of time to step out of the way, and let the searcher pass them by, uncontested and none the wiser to their presence.

Ciladis, however, was talented or persistent enough to figure this out, and stays with them to protect their secrets. Sethvir, with his earth sense, is pretty good at unravelling secrets, so the Paravians keep him close by to protect their whereabouts.

originally posted by Sundancer

I'm fascinated by the other gates as well - Janny's never told us what is through the other two gates, which might be pretty revealing, but I think she's stated conclusively that the Koriathain stayed on Athera because that is the best place for their magic. And the Paravians are 'Ath's gift to Athera' - I can't see them leaving.

My supposition is that because the Mistwraith is composed of human spirits (however warped and twisted) and the horror on Marak is (indirectly) of the F7's making, as they exiled people there, this mess is one for the F7 to deal with as their part of the compact - they are responsible for making sure humans don't destroy Athera.

Is Ciladis staying there willingly? If he's being held asleep he's not doing much protecting. The Paravians strike me as being pretty good at protecting themselves if they choose to, but they won't kill.

Which brings me to the unicorn charging at Arithon with its horn down. This is such a weird image if you think that it is about to kill. Paravians won't kill. I can't reconcile it killing Arithon, no matter the judgement on him. Remember the unicorn touching Elaira's chest with its horn in Ath's hostel? There must be other implications or meanings of the horn/apparent incipient goring.

originally posted by Blue

One such interpretation, Sundancer, considering the Unicorn who touched Elaira is that the one in Dakar's vision (he REMEMBERED the vision afterwards, so it is not necessarily going to come true) is that it is meant to be some sort of test he had to pass in order to be judged worthy to make some request or other of the Paravians.

originally posted by Zara Osterman

Just wanted to add that it's fairly certain the hidden Paravians are on Athera. In CotM, in one of the triplets, a unicorn was surprised when clear sky opened up through the mists. This may also be the triplet where Ciladis is shown sleeping under guard of a Paravian unicorn. I know the last post on here is several months old, but I figured I'd add anyway! :smiley:

originally posted by Trys

Welcome to the board Zara. Please feel free to post to any thread no matter how old the last post. A single post often revitalize a discussion. :smiley:

Trys