First chapter speculation. SPOILERS!!!

originally posted by Annette

You are forgetful, Athir and Mainmere have been 2nd age ruins for ages! :smiley: The twisted sisters tend to flock were the flux is closest to the surface. So any where where Paravians used to be. It is the light blind fanatics and townsfolk in general who avoid such places.

originally posted by Sleo

Oh well. My forgetful mind doth betray me often. I had totally forgotten, for instance, the fact that Davien's separation from the Fellowship was an accident!

I would say his separation from his body after the rebellion was an accident, but he seemed determined to be separated from the other 6 sorcerers. His current predicament is due to his bargain with a certain dragon, so no accident.

No no, I'm talking about how he slammed out of Athain tower and ran into the centaur's ward. I think the consequence of that was his banning. I'll have to reread it, but later. Right now am getting dressed to run errands - grr - and then to IT.

That was the accidental bit I think, that was not what anyone had planned. I think it was Davien's choice to withdraw, but could be wrong.

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers…

We find out what went through Northgate.

I thought Davien was just having a temper tantrum and went off. I got the impression it wasn't intended to be permanent. And his bargain with the dragon was to help him to be able to create things still, even though discorporate.

MODERATOR - could you start a new thread for Chapter two please?

Davien was having a temper tantrum and he accidentally ran into his doom, they made him discorporate to save him.

originally posted by Trys

Annette already created one in the Initiate's Trial spoiler topic.

I will go back and actually say something about chapter 2 later, but I am already almost up to chapter 9. Must say it is nice to actually get a good laugh out of the series again, some very entertaining moments. :smiley:

Oh, duh. I'm not getting my email notifications from here.

originally posted by Danielle

Hello (again)… it's been a few years since I posted on here (so long that I don't remember my last username or even the email address I used at the time).

As a lead-in to the new book (and as I always do whenever there's a new release from Janny) I'm currently rereading the entire series again; about a third of the way into Grand Conspiracy, but (in answer to the posts above) from memory Davien's separation of body and spirit was "punishment" for his incitement of the rebellion that threw down the High Kings - and his exile self-imposed.

I missed the sneak previews (and certainly haven't seen any sign of them in the threads here), but having read the blurb for Initiate's Trial I kind of feel like I've missed something? I have only read Stormed Fortress once (when it was released) and so I don't remember the entire plot - however I do recall in Alestron Arithon & Elaira finally got together (YAY!) and Elaira fell pregnant, though she was spirited away by the Biedar and (I think) didn't even know about the impending heir. I also remember Arithon confronting Sulfin Evend. But…
"Half-brothers Arithon and Lysaer were laid under a curse of lifelong enmity when they defeated the Mistwraith and freed the world of Athera. Now Arithon has been magically imprisoned and his memories have been removed. Meanwhile his daughter is being raised and trained by his enemy, the Koriani enchantress, but when she eventually learns of her father's existence, she chooses her own destruction to secure his freedom. Still ruled by the Mistwraith's curse, Lysaer will stop at nothing to find and destroy the newly freed Arithon."

Imprisoned? Daughter raised by his enemy?? Destruction???
So… the new book takes place 200 years after Stormed Fortress, and the events described in the blurb will be fully explained?
Sorry if this seems a silly question; I feel as though someone's thrown me in the deep end :confused:

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers, spoilers,

Intitiate's trial takes place 250 years after Stormed Forrtess and it was Glendien that got pregnant at Athir, not Elaira. But you will be looking for that now when you re-read Stormed Fortress. The incident explaining why Davien ended up discorporate is also in Stormed Fortress.

And like any plot point Janny hatches, it takes a while for us to see the full picture, some things will be explained in Initiate's Trial, some things are hinted at but will not be fully unveiled till the next book. If you cannot wait for your book to arrive, the daughter and her destruction are to be found in the first chapter that Janny has up on the Paravia site. Probably re-reading Stormed Fortress first would be better before reading it though. Being the start of a new ark, you could always just start reading the new book, and pick it up as you read. Janny put a fair bit of time into setting up all the changes and new characters.

originally posted by Danielle

Lol, it seems my memory IS failing me then…
Thanks for the clarification; I didn't even remember Glendien. I'm going to continue onward with Grand Conspiracy, and take your advice not to read the first chapter until I've finished Stormed Fortress. :smiley:

originally posted by Hunter

"a new ark"?? No boats in this book… :smiley:

originally posted by Hunter

I think expecting any plot device in this series to be "fully explained" is a tall order! I generally feel like a seventh age sage when reading this series !

Sorry about the typo, the barbarians were hammering on the door demanding my attention and I was not thinking. Intitiate's Trial is the start of a new arc.

We will certainly feel like seventh age sages by the time Janny gets around to revealing what Ath is. She is presumably going to have to explain it eventually, probably on the last page of the last book.

And there were several boats in Initiate's Trial, but none were there to save Arithon.