Fifth Reading of Wars of Light and Shadow

originally posted by David Cornelson

I just finished my fifth reading of all of the books through Stormed Fortress and third reading of Initiate's Trial.

I'm not sure if this is outside influences, but the first three books (two in original form) seem much longer and slower than everything afterwards. Once Fugitive Prince starts, it seems like the story moves more quickly from set piece to set piece.

There are still moments that make me feel profoundly lucky to have found Janny's works. Kewar Tunnel, Arithon's moment in the King's Glade with the Sunchildren, the love affair, Dakar's growth, the friendships and loyalty so clearly described.

I'm not sure if I'm in any hurry for Janny to wind things up. In two more books we will be without this world (well, unless Janny goes back and releases historical writings similar to Tolkien).

How may we serve the land?

David

originally posted by Annette

Be ages yet till the final book is in our hands, but there is always some more short stories we might see yet. New ones Janny is still working on. So when the main series is finished, there could still be a bit more.

originally posted by Sleo

David, your post just makes me feel good. I agree!

originally posted by Mark Stephen Kominski

While I agree with all the above, didn't Janny somewhere call this the story that ate her life?

We who have been privileged to visit this world must let our Tale Spinner have her life back, if only to tantalize us with "what's next". :wink:

originally posted by Walt

As loath as I am to admit it, Mark does have a very good point…

Dag nabbit!

Then again, it Tolkien the rest of his life and beyond to release the back stories and Lore. So snippets released between extended bouts of pirate reenactments and gallery showings would be very doable. Right?

:smiley:

originally posted by Annette

It would more likely be snippets released in between all those other books Janny wanted to write, and will hopefully have the time to do once this series is finished.