Ebooks

originally posted by Sleo

Yay! I bought it! Now for Ships of Merior, either in its entirety or with a separate volume for Warhost of Vastmark!

originally posted by Phome

I'm sooo excited to find that the WoLaS series is available in e-book format on kobo. Thank you Janny for making this decision to publish in e-format. I know years ago you were hesitating. As someone who moves around all over the globe, I have long given up on buying anything in print – too many heavy boxes to pack and ship each time.

I've immersed myself into the series from scratch, and am so delighted to re-experience it. It must have been at least a decade now that I've read the books. I also re-read the Empire series and realized I'd forgotten pretty much all the plot lines, so it was fun to redo it.

Phome - thanks for the lovely note. Didn't so much hesitate but waited for the market to settle out enough to get better terms. Glad you are enjoying the convenience - and the re-read. Surely you'd be seeing a lot more than first shot through!

originally posted by Phome

Janny - this will be my third shot through (at least the first two books, if memory serves). The re-reading has certainly allowed me to see a lot more. For one, I'm a much calmer reader now, taking my time rather than rushing through. For another, with age, my understanding of language and writing has improved greatly. All the more to benefit a second read through.

I decided to pursue this series again as I keep seeing new books come out, but I've completely lost the thread of the storyline. Hopefully, this will bring it all back. But I must admit, even in book 2 a whole bunch of things happen that I have zero recollection of ever happening! It makes the re-reading a lot of fun.

Agree with you on the market settling. The e-publishers seem to have sorted themselves out nicely, even in the academic world which is always last to every new technology.

Hi Phome, nice to hear from you.

The books were designed to read more than once; also, they will read differently the more life experience that you acquire. It's a story that has elastic in it, can be viewed intact from many angles. Hopefully this quality will become more apparent (to reviewers) over time. The tough part is trying to tackle it too young, or, with TOO much impatience. I expect readers to rush read the first shot through to see what happens; after that, the HOW it happens, and the other points of tension that are inbuilt create a whole other set of suspense, and a whole other range of narrative.

It's always fabulous when a reader takes note of this, or I can do my job well enough to 'win them' over into taking the journey through more than once.

And just WAIT until you see what is coming. The chapter on page (that I am smoothing out today) brings a lot of threads into a knot of convergency - and little bits of talk, little bits of detail and language, if you were to look back, would spring STARK to the eye. Because the connections were there, all along, just, at the time of an earlier reading, OTHER things were important and the value on what was said would not have connected.

Do enjoy yourself! And thanks for taking time to post. Its the sort of payoff encouragement that this forum gives, time to time, while I am working this huge story towards its conclusion.

originally posted by john herrmann

Looks like Goodreads is showing that a compilation ebook will be released of the 1st 3 books of the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25126701-the-wars-of-light-and-shadow-books- 1-3?utm_campaign=2015_8&utm_content=author_pos2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=new_ releases#

ebook, 2176 pages
Expected publication: August 13th 2015 by Harper Voyager
The Wars of Light and Shadow Books 1-3
ISBN 0008121788 (ISBN13: 9780008121785)
edition language English
url http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/

Checking on that-- to my knowledge, NO.

Thanks for the heads up.

All the 'buy' links from that page appear to be dead.

This was proposed; and quashed, for a lot of internal reasons.

Sorry for the confusion, but the idea never should have been 'announced' as a done deal. When it wasn't.

originally posted by Annette

Barnes & Noble also have it up.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-wars-of-light-and-shadow-books-1-3-janny-wur ts/1121228273?ean=9780008121785

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_date_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A133140011%2Ck%3 AJanny+Wurts%2Cp_n_date%3A1249102011&keywords=Janny+Wurts&ie=UTF8&qid=1438307094 &rnid=1249099011

An eBook is hardly a high risk investment when they already have the books in digital format. Would help get some new readers. Why did HarperCollins say no?

I & my agent said no.

We had our reasons.