Destiny's Conflict, second sneak preview

Gill, the instant there's a strong enough readership that loves these books…I have created quite a lot of incredible of material, once there is a base of support for it.

originally posted by Gill

The rest of the world of readers must be rather silly or just illiterate if they do not love your books. My daughter and I relish them and anything you write.

originally posted by Auna

I wouldn't say readers are silly or illiterate. Rather, they just don't want to put in the amount of effort required to understand what is going on in this story due to all the multiple threads and nuances in it.

Also, the main point of view character sometimes leaps to conclusions that I as the reader need to work at figuring out. Even after rereading the series several times there are still places where I don't get it and I may never get it unless I post here begging for clarification. Not every reader is going to find that enjoyable.

I find it fun because it means I can reread the story and pick up on something I missed but how many readers reread a 10+ book series?

I've encountered reader requests for recommendations for this sort of complexity from time to time - often their posts receive responses that are just the going popular thing, not necessarily what would fit best. They just have to find this series, or encounter word of it, and that takes presence.

originally posted by Mark Stephen Kominski

The Solaris Book of Fantasy and Under Cover of Darkness arrived today…'scuze me while I disappear for a while… :wink:

*Hopes that mild hijacking of thread with peripheral stories is tolerable in the interim while we wait for Destiny's Conflict*

The stories tie right into the series, and definitely add a dimension to the later books/provide deeper insight into the backgrounds, so hijack away.

originally posted by Tracey Wilson

I just got the Solaris! Have Child of Prophecy and Sundering Star coming but have to wait for them to come from the US - I think someone is rowing it over, or possibly swimming whilst holding the book in mouth…anyhoo it's at least another 3 weeks until they get here…are there any others I should look out for? Tx

originally posted by Blue

ACK!! I just checked the dates on these entries. PLEASE tell me I have NOT missed the release of the LATEST of the Wars of Light and Shadow saga!!

Again, apologies for taking so very long to post, once again.

originally posted by Judy

No, you haven't missed it. There's a "status update" thread in this group that has the details. We're all waiting, with varying degrees of patience, and trying not to jostle Janny's elbow too much. It's needed for typing, you see :slight_smile:

originally posted by Clansman

BLUE! It's been way too long! Great to see you post.

Now we just need to hear from Purple Penny…

*Grins and nudges Clanny in the ribs*

Speaking of way too long…

Yeah, I know. I resemble that remark.

Full-time lawyer, full-time husband and father, and now a part-time Master of Laws student until mid-2016. Two more courses and a 75-page Paper to go.

Finishing the Masters once the family is underway is a bear. I thankfully completed mine shortly after my elder daughter was born. Hang in there, chief!

*Notes the Gryphon's increased attention and hastily returns to topic!*

Since you're too far along to let another snippet drop without reveal, oh mighty Tale-spinner, how about something less exposing, like teasing us with more hints about the cover art?

(Yes, I know, give me an inch…)

originally posted by Annette

Janny, will Arithon in what seems his new royal attire be making a stormy centerpiece on the cover?

Or will we have to wait for a custom made cover to get a good look at that bit of artwork?

Even just a good look at the symbol Arithon is wearing instead of Rathain's leopard would do, might get some discussion out of trying to work out what it represents. Although that might not be too hard once we get a look at it.

originally posted by Julie

Clansman- an anticipatory well done to you although the completion date seems far off. I completed a Masters of Nursing while full time hospital nurse, wife, mother, grandmother.
The Wars of Light and Shadow were my escape valve!

Thankee, Julie! I finish the course work in June this year(err, July, 'cause there'll be a 25 page paper due a month after the course is finished), and my thesis work should be done by summer 2016.

I had forgotten how truly awful it was to write academic papers. gaaah.

Its the formatting and particular style for references that nearly killed me. I had been out of school for a long time, so in addition to the course work, I had to learn to do research on the web and use Word!

originally posted by Auna

MLA format can die in a fire! And whoever came up with footnotes during the typewriter age was just a poorly disguised sadist.

Don't know what MLA is, but my 'bible' is the McGill Guide to Legal Citation. For the last 20 years, I've only cited cases. Now, journals, web articles, blogs, gaaah.

I had to use APA- it can join the bonfire!
My bible was the Perdue OWL (online writing lab)