Debate for a sneak preview - pros and cons

originally posted by Neil

hmm…what next…I like these ones :wink:

We have seen visions where Havish and Ath's adepts are targets…so the religion (with talented leaders but twisted beliefs?) is already beyond Lysaer and Sulfin to control perhaps.

Arithon still has to have his "pointed" discussion on a beach with a certain paravian…and perhaps "tie up" with the Koriani (selidie could last another 1000 years or so it sesms… so the clock is ticking if Arithon wishes to counter-attack)

"Broken nose" will arrive…and there was menion of sun sorceress(my words…) in the glossary of TK I think

Quesion: Will we ever meet this blind person or was she edited out due to space?

Oh and Janny, I'm *asking*, wink wink.

One last question (maybe obvious…): At the end of Traitor's Knot Did Arithon, in fact, break his "not to kill" choice. Or do necromancers not count? Presumably he is therefore still prepared to kill to save larger groups of people?

I came within a hairsbreadth of loading this teaser up, yesterday…and then I looked it over, and flinched. Sheesh. Yanno what you are getting yourselves IN FOR?

Seriously - this could hurt. :smiley:

I had to hold my ears for a sec…for anticipation of screeching and howls to hurry it up in the writing.

This book is quite, quite problematic for sneak previews…I mean, there's cliffhanging, and their's the crazed swing over the abyss…!!!

And I am - hurrying it up in the writing. The sweet news is, I'm into the next subchapter, today.

Of course, I have not forgotten the Reyaj seeress, and, the poor fellow I predicted would be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, did indeed just get his nose whomped.

originally posted by Laneth Sffarlenn

*jumps up & down in anticipation*

I gather that means ye've either uploaded the teaser, or are doing so now? *eager grin*

BTW - I look at these "teasers" like buying another Atheran Short Story :smiley:

originally posted by Wayne

Of course if she did it today would it have been real??

or just an April Fools ??

originally posted by Hunter

Missed a great opportunity to post about [deleted Stormed Fortress Spoiler], Morriel's recanting and releasing Selidie and … many other ridiculous notions…

What would be even more excruciating for any potential spoiler is to drip feed it… like one line a day or something… or a word an hour…

(Message edited by admin on April 02, 2008)

originally posted by Lisa

'Of course, I have not forgotten the Reyaj seeress, and, the poor fellow I predicted would be in the wrong place, at the wrong time, did indeed just get his nose whomped'.

have i missed something?
can anyone tell me what this is about please??

originally posted by Neil

Hi Lisa,

I noticed a reference to the Reyaj seeress in Traitor's Knot in the glossary(?) or whatever it is called…at the back of the book. Something about a talented person who uses the sun in workings and was blind due to this…I forget exactly. Curiously, this character never appeared in Traitor's Knot (where the initial reference was) nor in Stormed Fortress where I at least expected to meet her on the page.

"Broken nose" was a paravian name that Janny mentionned in passing when giving an example of an "odd" paravian letter. there is a letter representing "t-th", or something like that, and this character was used as a teaser. Quoting (more or less) JW during the writing of arc 3 : "a character that will not appear for lo, another arc…)

Now…can you tell that pulling the clues out of this series is one of my favourite past-times / obesssions?!?

Regards,
Neil

originally posted by Lisa

Cheers for that Neil.

originally posted by Clansman

A hairsbreadth? In and of itself, that statement is a teaser!!

Seriously, we're WoLaS junkies out here, and we need a fix. I checked the "Excerpts" section after seeing the above posts in my inbox this morning, and:

NUTHIN'!

I vote for suspension over the burning abyss! Bring it on! And I promise not to scream in anger or frustration.

originally posted by motley

Where? Where? :smiley:

*caper*

Janny! Was that an April fool's?

originally posted by Scott Wardle

Whenever Janny posts the teaser for us will never be soon enough so the anticipation of a snippet will have to suffice for now.

Please please please post something soon.

Well, I have not abandoned this…I just - well - am trying to FIND a passage that won't spoil too much…and even the FIRST TWO SENTENCES of this book would pitch an explosion…I have started to select a bit, several times, and each time, literally flinched.

It's a long wait, yet, for the release…!!!

You've said you don't mind the agony, but…

So, I am still mulling…there may be three paragraphs or so…finch…

Given there's close to two hundred pages of draft to choose from, you would think there'd be an innocuous bit…naah…

Ah, well, the waters are roiling here…for good reasons…maybe, just maybe, methinks, it's time for a Pop! of fun…let's see, if I mull another sneak preview, what sort of bomb should I drop that won't say way too much!

Ready for another Interesting Time?

Oh, Foul Temptress! Thou knowest well my pathetic weakness.

Satan! Get thee behind me! AAAAAAARRGH!!!

(shakes head, clearing it, and surrendering completely to temptation)

Yeah, I'm ready.

originally posted by Matt Wright

I usually am just a reader of the forums here, but there is one thing that will make me get on and comment-the chance of a preview/sneak peek…nothing could make my summer hotter! (And I am in AZ, where the temp is currently 110 degrees)

originally posted by Kirsten Laurelle Wallace

I would love another sneak preview. It would definately make my summer a lot better.

originally posted by Carl D. Stolzenburg

Janny, my birthday is next week and since I'm new to this and all, I think a sneak preview/birthday present/welcome gift is definitely in order…Please???

originally posted by Laneth Sffarlenn

I'll second that - my birthday is 8th August, so …

PLEEEEEEEAAASSSEEEE!

Well, Janny. You have the perfect birthday present for these wonderful people.

My only request is that, in a similar vein to the start of this thread, you make this NICE AND CRISPY!!!

My eyebrows have managed to grow back after the last teaser.

originally posted by Walt

And as long as we're tossing out birthday incentives, mines on the 31st (39 for the 1st time)!

It'd be a wonderful way to start out my vacation with starts this Friday.

*cough*Sulfien*cough*Ath's*cough*adepts*cough*

Wow… I need to do something about my dry throat…

;^)