Current Tick Offs

originally posted by Cheryl Detmer

I love your blizzard's Janny. I get cold and I don't get much cold down south, though we are unusually cold right now. You make me feel it's winter in the summertime when I'm in a blizzard in your story. lol What I worry about is they will do away with books and just put them on electronic form. I don't want that since I have trouble reading on the computer screen for too long a time. Reading from a book is easier on the eyes. I just hope we don't get to where there aren't any more real books on the shelves. That concerns me and might be another topic for a new thread somewhere. It's good to vent now and then.

What a whopping laugh!

I went to the PO box, and - Iris!!! - your little package arrived. I cracked UP. ROFLMAO!

(She sent me a little book, bought in Thailand, and - it's an interesting twist on fanatical recycling - made of Elephant Dung Paper!)

Talk about books not being worth the sh*t their printed on!!

Whoop - what a blast of humorous fun!

Do I keep my Sh*t lists in this one? Or is it for an appointment book??? The laugh continues… :smiley:

Thanks, Iris! Great reminder - that of the five things that a wondrous, ancient elder once said prevented the human spirit from soaring - unremitting seriousness was one of them!

originally posted by Iris

Janny,

I'm glad you got the package - it really tickled my funny bone when I saw it and we got a few laughs thinking about a variety of uses. I'm delighted it had the same effect on you.

Hope you are enjoying this outstanding sunshine and cool weather while it lasts!

Iris

Iris - I am doing that. Went riding yesterday afternoon - two horses. One, the sweetheart, picked right up where we'd left off in training, and the older one gave me a lovely spring trail ride with the wildflowers all blooming and the wind gusting. Gorgeous clear weather, and cool enough not to break a sweat.

Thanks again for your sweet touch of humor.