Cover Art Preview

originally posted by Trys

Previews of the images that will become the composite cover art for Stormed Fortress can now be viewed on the website.

originally posted by Hunter

Wow…

originally posted by Neil

second that wow…and a "oh dear…" as well

originally posted by starstorm

Just beautiful, Janny (as always)!
But yeah… that bit with the fire… not good, to make a gross understatement!

~Anna ::counting the days until November::

originally posted by Theresa

I'm going to second that "oh, dear…"

Lovely… if a bit ominous! Okay, more than a bit ominous…

originally posted by Laneth Shadow-Walker

*maniacle laugh*

ALESTRON WILL FALL!!!

*stops and blinks*

Wait…what? No! That's not allowed! Damn their pigheadedness to the Seventh Hall of Sithaer!

And a dragon! Yeah!!

So… are we assuming that if the inner citadel is burning, that such a fire could have been started by Lysaer? The building doesn't appear (yet) to have structural damage other than being on fire…

Similar to what Lysaer did to Daon Ramon, if Lysaer had started the fires via Elemental Light, I would have expected structural damage… depends a little on the Paravian wards protecting Alestron…

It's possible that the fire was itself started by s'Brydion in a very late change of mind coming around to Arithon's way of thinking and to deny Lysaer his victory?

The flame spitting drake is a nice thought but Alestron was supposed to be protected against drakefire by Paravian wards.

originally posted by Wayne

WOW X 3

Janny,
Tell me that these WILL be at MidSouthCon next weekend…please… :smiley:

Wayne

originally posted by Derek Coventry

Brilliant Artwork as usual; is the dragon lying in wait for SG1?

originally posted by motley

The best art yet!

I agree with Derek - I thought it looked like one of the gates… does this hint at wraiths from Marak?

I did watch the first few episodes of SG Atlantis the other night and my goodness - was it SO obvious the writer had borrowed the wraith concept. Wasn't terribly impressed by it though… so I can't even think of it as being flattery by imitation.

Hunter: I'm inclined to agree with you about the S'Brydion sacking their own keep.

Just over 200 shopping days until it's released…

Wayne - I pick the art back up from the photographer's today - If I can get em framed in time, yes, they will be on display at Midsouthcon…

originally posted by Angus

Oh, come on people! We all knew, after TK, that this was coming, in some way, shape or form. Alestron has to fall, if not to force of arms then to the force of elemental light. There will be a twist of some kind, though.

The S'Brydions are a very savvy and cunning lot. I don't think that they'd let a keep of their quality fall into the hands of an enemy of any kind. I have to agree with Derek's speculation about this being deliberate on the part of the S'Brydions, but I would add, only after they were forced to it. I bet it's a trap for the Alliance. This is, after all, the last book in the Alliance of Light…

Sorry, I meant Hunter, not Derek.

originally posted by Auna

Well, it is called stormED fortress… past tense… meaning that it has been stormed. I definitely hope they raze it themselves… it's something I like doing when playing strategy games.

The artwork is beautiful… I can't wait to hold a copy!

originally posted by Sandtiger

Oh Wow. What stunning work - Absolutely gorgeous!

I am amazed.

Jana

originally posted by Konran

Beautiful *awe* That dragon is amazing. Does that mean we get drakes in this book? *wink* *hoping it is so*

Silly me… looking again at the painting which shows stone buildings burning… that would be the water in the bottom right hand corner, would it not?

If so, it's not the inner citadel but perhaps part of the rear sea entry to Alestron or something else around Alestron?

So Alestron may remain intact…

originally posted by skeoke

Looks like the sea side is burning, but not the land side.

Having learned from past guesses:

… I have no opinion …

but I really can't wait to find out!!

[back to lurking]

Can anybody tell what flag is flying from the left tower of the first image? It is hard to tell with the copyright stamp and my dinky little screen.

Anyone willing to speculate? Looks red to me, and the right tower looks bare.