Cover art and such

originally posted by Trys

Justin Hayward would be the Moody.

originally posted by Blue

Thank you, Trys! I was just too blamed lazy to get the CD and look it up myself!

originally posted by skeoke

Hunter ~

Just playing.

Can you imagine Davien submitting to sadle and bridle?!

I have fun in my own head. It's probably a good thing I'm the only one who lives there. :smiley:

originally posted by Hunter

Hmmm, whom are you and I to fathom the mind of Davien? Even his Fellowship colleagues don't want to enter that territory!! :smiley:

Hunter

So that would make Davien both the eagle and the horse?

It's almost a shame that Sethvir's the only sorcerer who could split his mind. As if Arithon/Fionn Areth aren't enough, I can feel Kharadmon's shade turning in his grave at the very thought of TWO Davien's. :smiley:
Andrew

Yes… Davien as eagle and horse. It's interesting, in PG when he meets Arithon with the two clan scouts as Arithon invokes his ties to Rathain to divert the noon solstice lane flux, Davien speaks to the clan scouts as claims the eagle as "his"… Not "him" as in Davien but the eagle "belongs" to Davien.

And I think Luhaine would turn twice as fast as Kharadmon!

Interior black and white graphics - DONE!

(Whack, another deadline falls by the wayside).

On to the UK page proofs, though I'll work them in increments, during the evenings.

Time to drag down the masonite (already prepared) from the upstairs closet, and begin sketching for US cover art.

Meantime: I've got the drafted first chapters for Stormed Fortress out…taking a distant squint at them. Seeing how to touch them up into an opening of a new volume.

Progress report - US cover.

Arithon's figure - worked out.

Davien's figure - worked out.

NOW - starting into design of the background…

(Wurts internal dialogue on THIS - are there enough erasers in the whole damned studio for this job…broom nearby for shavings – lots of pencil muddling to do - (picture heaps of tracing paper, flying in the ceiling fans, which are ON at this season)…major math in the perspective department, damn… can't freewheel on that…*&%# Davien's design, in the matter of architecture…wry laughter…accusatory finger pointing at self…well, YOU made it happen in words…now, just Try to map this Sorcerer's genius on paper…! erp. I can picture it, yeees, but the perspective…mumph, the perspective's gonna be a right blistering BITCH…(remember that stairway on GC??? Thought you'd learned your lesson ONCE through, sucker!!!) uhhhhh - hmmmmm- Another scene, maybe??? (artist gets up to pace floor in thinking funk…presently wanders back to drafting board…Magic!!! Stole my seat again, cat? …How come the little furry whatsits only DO this when I have to SIT there? I SWEAR she lurks in ambush, with a bead on that chair for when I get up…)

Ah, well - 3 more chapters and glossaries to review in the page proofs dept…I can always beat a retreat and DO that, first…

Typical artist's Saturday, one foot on Earth, one foot in Athera.

Harper Collins Australia has Curse of the Mistwraith listed with the new cover showing!!

http://www.harpercollins.com.au/title.cfm?ISBN=0586210695&Author=0000284&txtSear ch=janny%20wurts&SearchBy=Author

originally posted by Stefan Urlus

Good old Australia eh??

It's hard to be humble…

originally posted by Katherine

Nice picture, but what have they done to that first sentence of the summary?

Phhtpt.

originally posted by George

Pretty Groovy picture!

Bad syntax for the first line… "World's"?

Now if only Angus and Robertson would get off their ass and get Fantasy Masters here! I'm getting grey just waiting for it to arrive!

originally posted by Trys

You have all visited the webpage and seen the covers of the three re-issues, right? I mean… you didn't have to wait for a HarperCollins webpage to display them. :smiley:

Indeed, the intent to say HC Aust had it was to show the publisher now was showing the new covers, not to say they were new…

originally posted by phil

The combined version of Traitors Knot UK Cover seems to have appeared on Voyagers Website

click here

originally posted by Hannah

Wow, cool link phil.

originally posted by Jay_Jay

Urk! I can't believe I missed this (sketch for Traitor's Knot)! Thank you, Sandtiger, for the heads up! (And the helping hands, too!)

Something tells me I've been far too busy the last month or so!

Sketch looks fantastic! And all that architectural detail…wow! Yeah, Janny, I can appreciate you tearing your hair out over that!

Davien does not at all look like I expected. I mentally pictured him as much older. My first comment to Sandtiger on the sketch was, "He looks like a Clansmen. That's about how I picture Jieret, though Jieret's clothing would be simpler and more rustic."

Interesting…the images we form in our heads while reading… Janny, you don't want to know how I pictured Davien…you'd fall down laughing for sure, it was SO far off the mark!!

Can't wait to see this in colour! <vbg>

originally posted by Michelle-Louise

Hmm…

Rawhide Thong - the thong that Arithon tied Elaria's hair up with in SoM and she still wears according to GC? I think the object bisected is a dagger which always makes me think of Jieret's dagger CotM?

Any thoughts?

originally posted by Timothy

I was just looking over the cover art one more time… and I realized the icon for the British edition is actually a dagger! Is it THE dagger that Enithen Tuer gave to Sulfin Evend in the first chapter preview? I feel stupid now… the first time I saw it, I thought it was Ciladis's sunloop.