CON DFW in 2006

originally posted by Allen

YES! I just saw where Janny and Don are guests of honor at CON DFW in 2006. The convention is at a hotel about 2 miles from where I work.

Janny - could I interest you in speaking to a group of librarians at our school district? Just curious (and a little excited – 44 year old man claps with glee just like a 5 year old opening presents on Christmas day).

Allen

Allen - why not bring them on to the con???

Janny,

I hear that you have been in contact with my Director of Library Media Services. How about a little trading - I'll get as many to the Con as I can if you'll come here and speak. A little dinner could be in the works. Our Director (Karen) can work out the details with you.

Deal???

Allen

originally posted by Jay_Jay

What is CON DFW?? Can you enlighten me, please?

Dallas-Fort Worth?? (Hey, I'm a Canuck, at least give me points for guessing!)

You got it Jay Jay. Give yourself 10 points!

:slight_smile:

Allen

originally posted by Sandtiger

Oh good, because that was my guess too. I couldn't think of anything else that worked.

(Though it took me a few moments to realise there was no such thing as Detroit Fort Wayne. ::laugh:: )

Talk about mixing names up…

Sandtiger, who was thinking, Detroit - Wayne County.

originally posted by Andy

Sandtiger, I'm sure thousands in Detroit and Dallas whose luggage has been misdirected can sympthize with your mistake.

DTW= Detroit-Wayne County Int'l Airport
DFW= Dallas-Fort Worth Int'l Airport

originally posted by Sandtiger

ROTFL. Very true. I've luckily not had that happen flying into Detroit…of course - just watch - next time it will!

Sandtiger

originally posted by Blue

Andy the tag mix up you mention above reminds me of the faux "computer virus" lists that went around a few years back:

Airline Virus - You're in Dallas, but your data is in Singapore.