Characters

originally posted by Matthew

Here's a loaded question.

Who among the posters on this forum best personifies a particular character from WoLaS?

I'd like to vote Trys as Asandir.

originally posted by Trys

Ok, I'll bite (well nibble anyway)… why Asandir?

Besides the fact that you've been around forever? :smiley:

For starters you act as Ms Wurts' field agent into the dangerous lands of the forum… plus Asandir is also known as Fiendquencher, and i'm sure if a troller ever dared set foot in the forum they'd get quenched pretty fast!

originally posted by Blue

Asandir is also known as Fiendquencher, and i'm sure if a troller ever dared set foot in the forum they'd get quenched pretty fast!

THAT'S putting it mildly! :smiley:

I'd agree he IS similar to Asandir, only Asandir with a SERIOUS 'tude, ESPECIALLY when it comes to pests. About a year ago, the board was down for nearly a week while he chased the spammers out.

So maybe we have the eighth member of the F7 -

Trystane Gryphon, Spamquencher! :smiley:

I also vote Ms Wurts as Morriel :smiley:

originally posted by Trys

quote:

I also vote Ms Wurts as Morriel

Oh that's harsh.

Come on! Ms Wurts is evil and manipulative, i mean the number of times she's teased us with snippets of books :smiley:

… but seriously, both Ms Wurts and Morriel make plans for the longterm, theyre quite willing to wait years for a plot to unfold and hand them victory :smiley: They're dedicated to their cause/goal and will see it through to the end.

And uh Ms Wurts is really pretty like post possession Morriel! (/grovel)

originally posted by DarthJazy

*says goodbye to the screenname that was matthew*

hehe

originally posted by HJ

I didn't really know where to post this - haven't posted much for a while but just on my 3rd read of Stormed Fortress and mesmerised by Glendien's encounter with Asandir in the King's Chamber. I am a little slow on the uptake at times, which is why I need to read books (especially Janny's) a few times to really get it. Just wanted to say how I've never been so struck before by Glendien's straits. I feel so much empathy for her sense of grief, remorse and inadequacy. Also for Asandir's compassion for her. It is so poignant and so beautifully written and I think I am fully and finally (!) grasping the nuances for the first time. A delightful read - thanks Janny.

HJ - you are so welcome…these books were MEANT for multiple re-reads, to glean all the depth and nuance. Thanks for posting.

originally posted by HJ

It's a total pleasure, Janny. Thanks for your lovely response x