Chapter II discussion. SPOILERS!!!

originally posted by Annette

Since some of us managed to buy a digital version of Initiate's Trial very early it seems time to start a discussion topic for the next chapter.

originally posted by Sleo

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

Oh holy cow! I always forget which chapter I'm on. I'm pretty sure it's Chapter three.

Anyhow, it's all so sad. There seem to be tips and clues about some of the things we've been discussing. The Biedar are a HUGE force, so far apparently for good, but … there could be a clinker in the mix. I'm really really glad Elaira's seeking them out.

Okay, I'm ready to start Chapter five and could do with a review of what's happened so far. Where are you Annette?

Reading chapter 11. :smiley:

I thought that was a bit mean of kerelie to be offering such a hard worker burnt offerings, no wonder Arithon refused the insult and went and prepared his own meal.

Annette you are the mad reader extraordinaire!

Well, Kerelie stays pretty mean and skeptical.

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

What we learn from beginning through this chapter:

Biedar are OUTSIDE the compact.

Tysan is completely governed by the Light.

Tarens wonders if the bad harvests and plagues are the result of the land's imbalance, and lost connection to the Mysteries.

They are already fearing Arithon's healing of Efflen, is he's practicing sorcery.

The clan's been hunted almost out of existence.

Elaira still has empathic connection to Arithon.

Arithon's freeing of the free wraiths has expanded his empathic connection to the emotions of others.

Lysaer no longer seems to be connected to The Light.

originally posted by Devena Haggis

Could you take pity on those of us who don't have a copy yet…and post some more tidbits…:slight_smile:

It will be worth the wait, do you really want to spoil such a good read?

Only Tysan is governed by the zealot True Sect branch of the Lights faith, but still the three other kingdoms originally swayed by Lysaers false religion, still believe in the Light. Only Havish has not fallen for the false religion.

originally posted by Devena Haggis

Thanks…it won't spoil it…just adds to the anticipation…like previous sneak peaks. I hope you're enjoying it :slight_smile:

I'm loving it! I'm not sure what chapter I'm on, but am within 200 pages of being done. There are new characters… Daliana is a descendant of Sulfin Evend. Three clan children - one descends from s'Valierent. I think it says in the Chapter one posted that Elaira has defied the order! There's quite a bit more about the Biedar! You're in for a treat.

Way beyond Chapter Two SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

Why do you think it's important that the drake not encounter Arithon's aura???

Not sure but that is the second time it has been mentioned. Davien could have proven his point that mankind mattered by Arithon's aura in Stormed Fortress, yet he would not. He did not want Seshkrozchiel to notice Arithon. Dakar never mentioned anything about the strength of the aura being unusual, maybe it is the pattern. Way back in CotM Dakar had a fey vision concerning Arithon

quote:

Dakar watched, afraid to move, as Fellowship mage and s'Ffalenn prince shared a deep understanding. Jolted to fey sight by the combined effects of exhaustion and fear and disillusion, for a split second, Dakar perceived the scintillant brilliance of Asandir's being in mirror-image, alike except in dimension to the pattern that was Arithon.

Seshkrozchiel seems to think of the sorcerer's as something created by the dragons, since they dreamed them into existence on Athera. It seems their previous mortal lives do not count for her. If Arithon shows a similar pattern maybe it would cause a problem. Not sure why that would be fatal for anyone though.

And chapter 12 is a fair way past chapter 2.

Yes, I know it's beyond Chapter Two, but there doesn't seem to be another thread beyond that? Or am I just clueless and missed it again?

Well, the fact that it is an aura from an OTHER - not dragon created might be a challenge. Interesting.

originally posted by Trys

Sleo, you can create additional threads by going to the topic itself and clicking the 'Start New Thread' button.

Just a reminder to all, please place "SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER" at the beginning of all posts in the spoiler topics.

Trys - I don't have a 'start new thread' button. :frowning_face:

I've been trying to remember to write SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER in all the posts I make that are spoilers.

originally posted by Trys

Selo, scroll to the top of this thread. You will see:

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Initiate's Trial - Spoiler Topic: Chapter II discussion. SPOILERS!!!

The 'Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4' is a link to the top level topic. The 'Initiate's Trial - Spoiler Topic' is a link to the level above this one. Click on that link. You should see something that has the following

Arc 4: Initiate's Trial - Spoiler Topic

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Initiate's Trial - Spoiler Topic

Chapter II discussion. SPOILERS!!! October 21 - 07:46 pm [15]

Questions about the cover art October 19 - 12:23 pm [6]

New Spoiler thread for Initiate's Trial October 22 - 08:33 am [7]

Under that should be the 'Start New Thread' button.

Duh, thanks, Trys! I already found it and have egg on my face. Started a new thread.