Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space
Spoiler Space

After reading some comments here, I had to go back and re-read the Athir chapter, or at least the Concatentation subchapter. I am still a little confused about the whole Biedar/Meiglin s'Dieneval/Dari s'Ahelas connection (I haven't read the short story which I think introduces these). If anybody could shed a little light on it, I'd appreciate it.

With regard to Glendien's future child, without doubt she is Arithon's daughter and a continuation of the s'Ffallen lineage. But does she not also have the potential to continue the s'Ahelas and s'Dieneval lineages, as Arithon also carries those lineages? Some of the characters (and some of the posters on the board) assume that this child is destined to be a future ruler of Rathain. I suppose this could very well be the case, especially if Arithon perishes. But if Arithon and Elaira ultimately win free and have their own family/children, those children would also continue the s'Ffallen lineage and have the potential to be Rathain royalty. When I first finished the subchapter, I thought that perhaps, in light of the "deal" made by the Biedar eldest (again, which I don't quite understand), Glendien's daughter was perhaps destined for Shand/s'Ahelas. It might also make sense because Glendien is Shandian clanborn.

Andy

originally posted by Trys

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Andy,

On inheritance of Royal geas and crown, have you read the Appendices in STormed Fortress? These explain a great deal and throw the door wide open as to which line might produce the next monarch of Rathain.

Trys

originally posted by skeoke

Spoiler, Spoiler, Spoiler

Don't forget to throw in Glendien's ability to not be seen. Apparently, Sethvir could not quite bridle Dari. Now, added to that same mix is s'Ffalenn compassion (and temper) and Glendien's knack for not being seen. Is her brashness also inhereted? Sethvir may be looking back in nostalgia for the days when all he had to do was hold (how many?) grimwards secure!

(my spelling stinks, I know)

originally posted by Jo

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

I never thought of those possibilities. I was too furious to what I thought to be the utter betrayal of Arithon. He never wanted children because they would be used as pawns. I still don't know how they can keep it a secret but if she doesn't become queen of Raithain, doesn't look anything like Arithon and maybe not as compassionate then anything is possible I suppose. Also seems cruel that she will never know her father. Ok sounding too much like reality now but it was just a thought

originally posted by Jenna Mead

SPOILER SPOILER

SPOILER

Andy, I just assumed she would be the future queen of Shand, not Rathain. (Just because that should be saved for Elaira's child.) I think the Biedar eldest was making sure the s'Ahelas geas would dominate. Even if she doesn't become Queen of Shand, herself, in the next 450 years her descendants very well could. (I just finished the book, so now I have to read those Appendices.)